• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A happy ending. We have had some rather inclement rain, here in the UK. A couple of days ago, I put my car in the car park and was back, two hours later, to find the car in a 'pond' of water. It surrounded the car and there was nothing for it but the wade through the water in one pair of my Tricker's MT Boughton's. I waddled towards the car, with the water over the welts of my shoes. Then I searched around for my keys and put stuff in the boot of the car. Being tired and emotional, I felt the end had come to one pair of my Tricker's. A few days of their having rest and relaxation, though, they look as they did before their swim. It would be impossible to know that they had taken a soaking. Nor did my feet get wet at any time. Hurrah for Trickers!

For those who think I am stupid to have worn them in nasty weather, I can only say that the weather was fine when I left home. While I wouldn't suggest wearing newish Tricker's as beaters, they seem to be able to stand the rain. On the other hand, if you are that rather odd man, Mr Trump, you could no doubt wear bespoke Lobb's as beaters.

Last edited:

tobi.001

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction of my new boots, which are my first Trickers. (while I own quite a a collection of various Alden, Grenson, Loake, Allen Edmonds.)

It's a custom MTO version of model "Charles" in grey suede leather, speed hooks, dainite soles. :)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Crappy indoor flash photo since we become mole people in Seattle and there's no sunlight after 4pm.
Anyway, burgundy shell from retricker. Supposed to be seconds but I can't find anything wrong with them and they don't even have the second stamp.
Oh, and they seem to be back to DHL rather than UPS now.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ super!

did anyone catch the pair of unpolished black shell with constrasting purple stiching from retrickers?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw those unpolished ones. TBH, I thought they looked kind of nasty. Not in a good way.

HarleyK

Reaction score
Nice collection of Trickers, true british shoe makers, i recently tried a new site www.luxace.com - they had a collection of limited edition Trickers with patina finish... so limited there were only 12 pairs! be quick, best part of £650 but truly something special. I believe it was an exclusive luxace.com edition where the patina was done by same guys at Berluti.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spoke with Richard this morning. Still no word on delivery of the trickers shell boot mto's but he will speak with the factory before next weeks holiday. hopefully will have something concrete before jesus' b-day

Last edited:

andrel42

Reaction score
spoke with Richard this morning. Still no word on delivery of the trickers shell boot mto's but he will speak with the factory before next weeks holiday. hopefully will have something concrete before jesus' b-day

Thanks for the update @NAMOR - Your post just reminded me of that GMTO :)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no problem, all i want for christmas is a trickers mto update!

i cant wait for these shell boots. which one did you get?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
SALEPREVIEW is taking 25% off at END.
Seems to work on Tricker's.
They've got some cool makeups including some cordovan stubby Stowes.

(Keep in mind you'll likely get hit with duty charges of 8.5%)

Last edited:

babylullu

Reaction score
I catch them, in real, they are very nice and comfortable! :)[ATTACHMENT=12247]image.jpeg (1,299k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SALEPREVIEW is taking 25% off at END.
Seems to work on Tricker's.
They've got some cool makeups including some cordovan stubby Stowes.

(Keep in mind you'll likely get hit with duty charges of 8.5%)

Any guess as to last on the captoe boots?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics