• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

matt1985

Reaction score

Saw these while on holiday. Made by j shoes, I have never heard of the brand before but the selection looked very nice. The pair I really wanted wasn't in my size, so I settled on these. Anyone here familiar with j shoes??

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I bought a pair of Trickers Suede Chukkas, my first, from Sierra Trading Post at a nice discount. Opened the box and voila, found a scratch/scuff in the left toe area! The shoes were packed in one of the shoe bags rather than separately.

Rubbed gently at it, but didn't want to go at it with a brush yet. Not very experienced with suede as this will be my first pair. I might send them back, but perhaps suede shoe owners might have recommendations if this can be fixed or when to know whether such marks are largely permanent.

Expect such things in the life of the shoe, but not at the beginning. Thoughts? These are the Guildford Chukkas, which also have a "Repello"treatment, which I'm not sure about either.

mothball

Reaction score

So I bought a pair of Trickers Suede Chukkas, my first, from Sierra Trading Post at a nice discount. Opened the box and voila, found a scratch/scuff in the left toe area! The shoes were packed in one of the shoe bags rather than separately.

Rubbed gently at it, but didn't want to go at it with a brush yet. Not very experienced with suede as this will be my first pair. I might send them back, but perhaps suede shoe owners might have recommendations if this can be fixed or when to know whether such marks are largely permanent.

Expect such things in the life of the shoe, but not at the beginning. Thoughts? These are the Guildford Chukkas, which also have a "Repello"treatment, which I'm not sure about either.

I've had two scratches like that with suede shoes. One came out with brushing and one is still there 2 years later. I wish I had a better answer for you, but if it bothers you I would return. For what it's worth, I don't think it looks too bad, at least from the picture.

Cotto Austerity Stows today:

Please forgive the sloppy cuffs.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Saw these while on holiday. Made by j shoes, I have never heard of the brand before but the selection looked very nice. The pair I really wanted wasn't in my size, so I settled on these. Anyone here familiar with j shoes??

WTF does this have to do with Tricker's?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Mothball
Thanks...I am inclined to be annoyed when "I" scuff my own shoe; rather not have someone else do it before I buy it.
smile.gif

But appreciate your thoughts (and nice shoes too).

Last edited:

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Just got these today.

Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers :). Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes.

The other shoe in the last pic is a Church's Grafton to give an idea of relative shapes and in particular the trimness of the welt on the Trickers shoes. The sole has quite a nice bevel too, which you can't really see in the photos.

Sorry the pics aren't great, there's no natural light at the moment.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got these today.

Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers :). Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes.

The other shoe in the last pic is a Church's Grafton to give an idea of relative shapes and in particular the trimness of the welt on the Trickers shoes. The sole has quite a nice bevel too, which you can't really see in the photos.

Sorry the pics aren't great, there's no natural light at the moment.

These are awesome. Where did you get them? And do you know which last they are on?

I have two pair of Tricker's dress shoes. I'm very happy with them.

clindoxyl

Reaction score

These boots look nice not sure thought its red wing but couldn't find the matching color (blue/blackish)

, anyone know who makes them?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are awesome. Where did you get them? And do you know which last they are on?

I have two pair of Tricker's dress shoes. I'm very happy with them.

They look like the 2161 last, the same on the Chepstow are on. Good last and very comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads