• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burford? Or Grassmere fitting 5, I think….

IMG_3837.jpeg

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I own the Durham in MC leather. Aside from the difference in last it also has 5 blind eyelets as compared with the 4 metal eyelets. It is certainly very similar to the Bourton, still a chunky country brogue but perhaps slightly more refined. Personally I prefer it, but that is probably not a popular opinion.
I like the idea @princealbert that the Durham on w2298 may look a bit more refined than the Bourton on 4444. Might take the plunge on them. Cross hatch grain i'll assume is similar in quality and properties to scotch grain found on C&J pembrokes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea @princealbert that the Durham on w2298 may look a bit more refined than the Bourton on 4444. Might take the plunge on them. Cross hatch grain i'll assume is similar in quality and properties to scotch grain found on C&J pembrokes.
Seems comparable.

Also seem to have just gone on sale 47% off.
Cap toe brogue boots in earth suede or navy scotch grain are appealing at $405.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honest opinions please. Is buying a pair of boots exactly the same as some you already have just because they're very cheap a ridiculous idea? Thought they could wait in reserve for when the others need replacing.
I have done this in the past and would not think twice to do it again.

Enabler mode:

.* the shape of your feet might change and now you have a fresh pair to form to your feet

* you might misplace your beloved boots, but now you have a backup pair

* your most favorite pair needs a resole at the factory which takes some weeks. But now you have a backup pair

* you can always change the colour and/or soles of one of the identical pairs to have a completely different makeup

* they might become valuable collectors items so it's really an investment

* etc etc

PS: some pairs are in reserve for 20+ years now ;)

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I saw a pair of Bourton's in Flint Suede. On the pics they looked like dark brown.
Now I saw them in reality and they look more grey.

Is there another browner suede?

Any experiences with that leather?

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
That earth suede is very tempting. 🤔
All and any of these on sale at the moment are ones which you'll love to hold brand new out of the box once they arrive. But knowing very well that it'll be nothing but impulse buying :brick:. Lord have mercy on me and rid me of my addiction :worship2:

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All and any of these on sale at the moment are ones which you'll love to hold brand new out of the box once they arrive. But knowing very well that it'll be nothing but impulse buying :brick:. Lord have mercy on me and rid me of my addiction :worship2:
Don’t think of it as impulse buying. Think about it as rounding out your collection with those navy suede brogue cap toe boots you didn’t know you needed until now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads