• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

SumDude

Reaction score
Finally received my pair 😅
Polo Stow.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It was Tricker's neutral creme. Just do not use a rag, rub the creme with your fingers and you will be fine. Make sure to test on inconspicuous place.
Here's why
Main ingredients: carnauba - beeswax - turpentine

I know the Tricker's brand paste wax is relabeled Saphir.
Those shoe cream containers look like Saphir too.

princealbert

Reaction score
Glad you’re liking the 1001 colour. Those Henry’s look really good and I agree that they’ll look even better once they’ve been beaten up a bit.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked back in the thread for 1001 discussion and came across this pair of well aged stows that began life as 1001. Now I'm starting to worry...

View attachment 2086013
I mean I find those gorgeous but I also think there has been some aggressive conditioning here and maybe colour correction in the photo? The shoes themselves look a little washed out.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I mean I find those gorgeous but I also think there has been some aggressive conditioning here and maybe colour correction in the photo? The shoes themselves look a little washed out.
I agree they're nice and wasn't trying be disparaging. I was just a little shocked by the dramatic change. It seems like 1001 is prone to changing colour.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree they're nice and wasn't trying be disparaging. I was just a little shocked by the dramatic change. It seems like 1001 is prone to changing colour.
Perhaps, yes. I recall seeing the Division Road update about used Acorn Stows and even there the leather had evolved a decent bit. I guess the lighter ones will do that a bit more evidently than say darker shades like the Cafe and Espresso burnished ones. My Cafe Stows too are showing some colour variation after around 6 months of heavy use but not as evident save for in the best of light....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads