• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moss kudu grassmeres. Wet pants.
rfEFB2rlToS9yv4kPutJyA.jpg

GuyLab

Reaction score
Hello, would like some help regarding sizing, I have rather slim and long feet meaning I kinda struggle to get the right size, either having to opt for too wide or slightly short but bearable. I usually put 3/4 insoles to compensate this lack of width and my low instep. I wear 11UK in Meermin's roomier boots, tried on C&J Conistons in 11UK which was too roomy without the insoles and a bit tight at the instep with the insoles, meaning 11.5 might be best. What would the best size for Stows for example, and how do they compare to C&J? Based on what I've see they seem to be wider and shorter?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably same as Coniston. The Stow 4497 and C&J 325 fit similarly.

bemk

Reaction score
... tried on C&J Conistons in 11UK which was too roomy without the insoles and a bit tight at the instep with the insoles, meaning 11.5 might be best. What would the best size for Stows for example, and how do they compare to C&J? Based on what I've see they seem to be wider and shorter?

I asked about 4497s vs 325 over in the C&J thread and the general response was, that folks wear them in the same size.
I do so too, but I find the 4497s much roomier. So much so that I consider my 4497s Tricker's mainly as shoes for the colder seasons. I can wear my thickest socks with them, while these would be a tight fit with the 325. But I can't wear those thick winter socks with the 325 anyway as the area where the tongue is sewn becomes too tight and would produce pain in my forefoot.

On the other hand, the 325 has a higher instep. When laced both leather end will face each other pretty parallel, while I get a V-shape with the 4497s boots.

Also the 4497s is a bit longer with my feet. Regarding heel slip I can ever so slightly hear my socks sliding along the leather (and feel it , of course) in the 325, while there is no sound in the 4497s.

For me effectively I have found two awesome lasts, with the 325 enabling me to wear boots mostly all year round and the 4497s when temperature drops considerably.

If it wasn't for the difference with the instep, I would say that the 4497s is like a '325 for thicker socks'.

Last edited:

Angel91

Reaction score
Have you guys ever had blisters from new stows? It’s the same size I always wear… will they soften up?

GuyLab

Reaction score
I asked about 4497s vs 325 over in the C&J thread and the general response was, that folks wear them in the same size.
I do so too, but I find the 4497s much roomier. So much so that I consider my 4497s Tricker's mainly as shoes for the colder seasons. I can wear my thickest socks with them, while these would be a tight fit with the 325. But I can't wear those thick winter socks with the 325 anyway as the area where the tongue is sewn becomes too tight and would produce pain in my forefoot.

On the other hand, the 325 has a higher instep. When laced both leather end will face each other pretty parallel, while I get a V-shape with the 4497s boots.

Also the 4497s is a bit longer with my feet. Regarding heel slip I can ever so slightly hear my socks sliding along the leather (and feel it , of course) in the 325, while there is sound in the 4497s.

For me effectively I have found two awesome lasts, with the 325 enabling me to wear boots mostly all year round and the 4497s when temperature drops considerably.

If it wasn't for the difference with the instep, I would say that the 4497s is like a '325 for thicker socks'.
That's very helpful thank you. Sounds like size 11 could be ok, need to find a retailer and try them on.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

Also the 4497s is a bit longer with my feet. Regarding heel slip I can ever so slightly hear my socks sliding along the leather (and feel it , of course) in the 325, while there is no sound in the 4497s.

I also wear the same size in both, and my thickest socks feel comfortable in both. I feel that the 325 feels slightly longer than the stow, but not in a bad way, both fit well.

basu13

Reaction score
Have you guys ever had blisters from new stows? It’s the same size I always wear… will they soften up?
My Stows have softened up incredibly within the fist 8-10 wears. I find the calf leather to be super soft and supple now. For the first few wears, they were pretty heavy on the feet, but broke in pretty quick.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IuliaBartcovschi