• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brown Anniversary boots today. While sitting in a meeting today, I noticed they already have a nice tea-core effect going on. Hopefully something similar develops with the black ones.

TH3515

Reaction score
Bureau acorn service boots.
View attachment 1312763
Wow. Love the leather – Funchal, IIRC?. Looks like it has some wonderful pull-up going. And could you describe how the fit is in comparison to the standard 4497s – especially with respect to the toes? I've read that it may be closely related to the 4497, but the toe definitely looks blobbier...

LippyLee

Reaction score
Attached a pic of my current Tricker stable. I have one more pair in the pipeline owing to this forum. I took a look on TK Maxx and they were selling a pair of Bourtons in Espresso with Dainite for a steal, so I stole them, we'll see how I feel about them when they arrive.
I'm after some advice re cleaning products. I enjoy cleaning my shoes and to date have been content to use Cherry Blossom or Kiwi wax polishes, but looking through the forum at some of the pictures some of you achieve a type of "oiled sheen" to your leather which makes them look very well nourished and supple. I've been considering getting some of the Saphir products as they seem to get very good reviews. Could any of you advise me?
Regards,
Lee
View attachment 1310802
So, I’ve just received and applied Saphir renovator cream to boots second from left. Have to say it’s lifted the leather considerably and they now look much more “fed”. Waiting for The arrival of Saphir Pommadier cream To see whether that makes further difference, pleased so far though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow. Love the leather – Funchal, IIRC?. Looks like it has some wonderful pull-up going. And could you describe how the fit is in comparison to the standard 4497s – especially with respect to the toes? I've read that it may be closely related to the 4497, but the toe definitely looks blobbier...
Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s not same last as the 190 as they may have used the 4497 base like that (when you peeled heel counter back)? Seems very similar aesthetically was all.

They're definitely not the same as the 190. The Bureau boots feel like a 4497 with more vertical toe room. The Anniversary boots have a more normal 4497 feeling toe. But yeah both the Anniversary boot and these have 4497 stamped on the heel. If Tricker's hadn't explained the reason for the 4497 stamp I'd still believe the Anniversary boot was on 4497.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They're definitely not the same as the 190. The Bureau boots feel like a 4497 with more vertical toe room. The Anniversary boots have a more normal 4497 feeling toe. But yeah both the Anniversary boot and these have 4497 stamped on the heel. If Tricker's hadn't explained the reason for the 4497 stamp I'd still believe the Anniversary boot was on 4497.
Is Funchal a pull up type leather?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn’t really feel like a pull up. More like their normal acorn but with burnishing. Maybe a bit softer.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Latest purchase last month. Henry dealer boot with commando sole in burgundy museum. Couldn’t believe it when I found these in this color, something I had hoped would exist one day and there they were. On sale too.

Attachments

• 7599CC60-6244-4F7E-8DC6-CBE5C989E675.jpeg
    7599CC60-6244-4F7E-8DC6-CBE5C989E675.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 7883296E-F026-4C3E-BA16-B7790165E42D.png
    7883296E-F026-4C3E-BA16-B7790165E42D.png
    952.3 KB · Views: 97

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Latest purchase last month. Henry dealer boot with commando sole in burgundy museum. Couldn’t believe it when I found these in this color, something I had hoped would exist one day and there they were. On sale too.
Nice. I have the Henry in the brown museum, nice boot. Mine has dainite though. Think each retailer specced them differently. Were you travelling to UK from memory ...memory isn’t what it used to be!!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Nice. I have the Henry in the brown museum, nice boot. Mine has dainite though. Think each retailer specced them differently. Were you travelling to UK from memory ...memory isn’t what it used to be!!

I was in London back in October. But I accidentally found these from a UK online shop I'd never heard of, doing a completely unrelated shoe search lol. I held out on the black or brown Henry boots, hoping one day a burgundy one with commando would exist, and voila.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics