• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

otacon

Reaction score
I have a link somewhere to a guy in some youtube thing wearing the driving jacket. I'll see if I can dig it up.

otacon

Reaction score

Link?  Still not sure what you're referring to.

Was also made in green and in a brown poly.

Beav

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can get some sizing advice on the Dept B Commander jackets, like the ones found here:

https://www.jcrew.com/ca/p/03763

I'm 5'9, 175 lbs about 39 inch chest and wear either size 38 or 40 jacket size (depending on the cut). I find that I'm often between sizes on garments, but try to go with the larger of two sizes as I'd rather have a bit more room rather than be uncomfortable.

I'm thinking a large? I guess an XL is too big?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can get some sizing advice on the Dept B Commander jackets, like the ones found here:

I'm 5'9, 175 lbs about 39 inch chest and wear either size 38 or 40 jacket size (depending on the cut). I find that I'm often between sizes on garments, but try to go with the larger of two sizes as I'd rather have a bit more room rather than be uncomfortable.

I'm a 42 and the XL has just enough room for me to fit a sweater under it.

I would recommend you go L.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a link somewhere to a guy in some youtube thing wearing the driving jacket. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Thanks for the info. Sadly person I thought had one up is not responding. Probably sold.

From the information you gave, may try to find an old To Ki To sports jacket. There should be lots of small floating around barely used! :)

otacon

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Sadly person I thought had one up is not responding. Probably sold.

From the information you gave, may try to find an old To Ki To sports jacket. There should be lots of small floating around barely used! :)

Grailed.com might have some. I'm pretty sure they have a M in the Commander version, or whatever they're calling the one without the hood now.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the last year or so, the outlet in Kittery, ME had the commander available in green and navy.

Shameless plug, selling a like new Barra from the Norton & Sons FW13 collaboration .

http://www.styleforum.net/t/532105/...cket-xl-made-in-uk-msrp-650/0_50#post_8785786

evolved

Reaction score

I've got that exact jacket, except I purchased it from End. I'm 6ft flat,165lbs, wear a 40R jacket and the large commander fits me perfectly.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grailed.com might have some. I'm pretty sure they have a M in the Commander version, or whatever they're calling the one without the hood now.
Thanks. Will continue to look for a tokito as I personally like the hood. Ah, the unicorn hunt!

monkk

Reaction score

My first Barbour is on the way. I went with an Olive Ashby. Pretty excited for it as i've wanted one for awhile now.

Until you realise how much moist synthetic sleeve lining traps lol.
Ps. Own olive Ashby myself but still like it

Last edited:

Jonny Bax

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you'd be willing to give me some fit advice. I usually wear a 38S or 39S jacket. This is the 34 Bedale. It felt comfortable enough, but it looks like it might be a bit snug in the shoulders/upper back. I tried on the 36 and stupidly didn't get pics. It was definitely more roomy.

My issue (with pretty much anything in my upper body) is that my shoulders/chest are pretty big compared to my arm length. The 36 Bedale arm length was a little longer than I'd like, but not crazy. I'll see if I can't go back and get pics sometime this week.

I also liked the slimmer fit of the 34. Might I get away with the Ashby in S or M? I'm a little concerned about the arm length with that too.

This is more of a spring/fall jacket for me so lots of layering isn't a huge concern. I have wool for these Michigan winters :)

PS Arms are folded in the last pic. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: I'm 5'6" / 5'7" and 155-160 lbs and in pretty decent shape. Drop is about 8 (38 to 30). And I have stupid short arms ;-)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads