• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Barbour International "Duke" jacket fitting question:

I'm torn between size Small and Medium. I'm 5'7" athletic built (lift weights). Small looks better (slim fit) but feels very snug around the shoulders and chest areas to the point of slight restriction of my arm movement. Medium is more comfortable (regular fit) but has too much billowing to my liking. I plan to just wear a T-shirt under it (mild SoCal weather). Which is the way to go? Thanks!

Small:

Medium:

Last edited:

bquach

Reaction score
Does anyone know of other places to resell barbour jackets? The classifieds here aren't getting any hits.

LIMatt

Reaction score
Ebay pickup:

Got a good deal ($105 shipped), I guess because "rustic" is not a popular color.

I went TTS (46) for the sleeve length. Still could use another inch or so. I'll give it a season, and decide if I want to send it in next summer.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
How can you get the wax to look super blotchy like this to the point of looking faded and distressed?

Last edited:

damn_hammer

Reaction score
Thoughts on the starting temperature range of the Dept. B Commander (aka Beacon)? If it's 70 f and cloudy, would the jacket be too warm w/just a t-shirt?

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the starting temperature range of the Dept. B Commander (aka Beacon)? If it's 70 f and cloudy, would the jacket be too warm w/just a t-shirt?

Yes

The jacket is hot and seals in the moisture

If you are even a little warm you will get uncomfortable quickly

I normally don't wear mine until its in the 40s

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the nature of the jacket (waxed) doesn't help. neither does the materials. has anyone considered removing polyester sleeve lining with cotton? i would imagine that would help with breathability (slightly).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads