• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Hey, first time posting here... You are my height, but I'm about 148lbs and wear a 38 in jackets.  I actually have the ashby in xsmall and have worn it over sweaters. It's a bit snug for me around the chest, but fits perfect with just a shirt under.  I should have gotten a small but Xsmall worked out for me and I like the slim look.  It sounds like an Xsmall would suit you.  For reference, the chest (pit-to-pit) on a small ashby is 20.5 inches.  Hope this helps.

I have an oppsited opinion. I'm about the same height and weight as yours, with a 36 chest and I've found small Ashby fits me quite well, not baggy nor slim. If I size down to xsmall the jacket won't be as practical as it's designed to be.
If you're looking for a more fitted look, I'd recommend you try their international line.

Canadianguy

Reaction score

I have an oppsited opinion. I'm about the same height and weight as yours, with a 36 chest and I've found small Ashby fits me quite well, not baggy nor slim. If I size down to xsmall the jacket won't be as practical as it's designed to be.
If you're looking for a more fitted look, I'd recommend you try their international line.

Thanks for weighing in. This is actually really helpful since I would be going for more of a traditional fit with this jacket (and to wear with layers), so this gives me a lot a hope that the small would work out. I think I'm actually going to bid on the jacket. Will post pictures if I get it. Cheers

mahlerian

Reaction score
Is there much point getting a Beaufort now or would it be better to wait till after the summer? Is it too hot to wear in a typical British summer?

Last edited:

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Update! So I decided to get the navy Ashby jacket from Ebay based on the advice from my fellow forumites.
cheers.gif
It arrived today so I snapped some shots

:

This is my first Barbour. I'm thinking it needs a rewax as it looks really matte. Fit is pretty much what I was hoping for, with the exception of the sleeves being too long. Any feedback would be welcome. Cheers all

OGstyled

Reaction score
Update! So I decided to get the navy Ashby jacket from Ebay based on the advice from my fellow forumites.
cheers.gif

:

This is my first Barbour. I'm thinking it needs a rewax as it looks really matte. Fit is pretty much what I was hoping for, with the exception of the sleeves being too long. Any feedback would be welcome. Cheers all

Looks great! I'm glad it worked out for you. For reference here is my XS...

Last edited:

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
cheers.gif

Fit looks pretty spot on, except for the longish sleeves as you note. Can easily get them shortened if you wish, though keep in mind not to go 'too' short on the sleeves. My personal opinion is that a waxed Barbour's sleeve length should be purposefully on the longer side, similar to a trench, due to its weather protection purpose.

I see many wearing Barbour's with shirt sleeves poking out, which to me doesn't seem right.

Chulillo

Reaction score
@Chulillo Thanks! Yes that was Madrid. The second one is from the trophy room at the stadium.
Haha, that's right! I thought that second place looked familiar as well... but was not sure. Let's see what happens tomorrow!

Last edited:

theralyst

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but Macy's is currently having a summer sale with the Bedale and Beaufort among others included. Extra 20% off with code "SUMMER". Jackets come to about $260 and $210 respectively. Sale ends 6/14/16

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but Macy's is currently having a summer sale with the Bedale and Beaufort among others included. Extra 20% off with code "SUMMER". Jackets come to about $260 and $210 respectively. Sale ends 6/14/16

That's one hell of a deal.

That is a good deal! I picked up my Beaufort off eBay NWT for more than that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads