• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions on the storm hood v the normal waxed cotton hood for a Bedale?

The waxed cotton hood obviously has the matching lining, but the storm hood wouldn't look out of place and does seem more practical

Do either or both fit comfortable in one of the front jacket pockets if not being used?

dafer

Reaction score
Opinions on the Barbour x White Mountaineering Lapel Jacket?

It can be found at 200 GBP. But I didn´t have the chance to try it...

cornbread

Reaction score
Sorry to be off topic, but I'm looking at getting a Barbour Norton & Sons St Kilda, and I can't seem to find good info on the fit... Anyone own a St Kilda and can compare it to fits of other barbours? I'm a pretty solid fit in to ki to mediums if anyone can compare it to that. Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sorry to be off topic, but I'm looking at getting a Barbour Norton & Sons St Kilda, and I can't seem to find good info on the fit... Anyone own a St Kilda and can compare it to fits of other barbours? I'm a pretty solid fit in to ki to mediums if anyone can compare it to that. Thanks.

You'll probably want to size down to small then. But it also depends how much you intend to layer.

End has measurements for it. http://www.endclothing.com/barbour-st-kilda-jacket.html

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Which type of Barbour wax will develop a nicer and more pronounced patina overtime from wear: beeswax or sylkoil?

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Barbour USA still has the printed catalogue called "Range Directory" and will send you a copy upon request?

Last edited:

AdRock

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Bankside model yet? It looks like a pretty nice coat that captures some of the Barbour heritage looks while updating the actual functionality of their jackets. I have wanted a Barbour for a while but always had two issues:

1. The fit, I am 6'6" and there is no way the sleeves would be long enough.
2. I am still not sure I could deal with the 'funk' of a waxed coat.

The Bankside seems to eliminate both of those issues, the fit is 'updated' (read longer cut) and the material does not require any waxing to be functional. I realize a lot of people like Barbour FOR the wax but this again seems like a nice compromise to achieve the look without the issues.

http://www.sotostore.com/store/bankside-jacket-navy

Any opinions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads