• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

NeedForTweed123

Reaction score
One of the neck buttons on my Commander is loose. It hasn't fallen off yet, but if it does, would I just sew it back on like a normal button? I'm asking because the collar exterior is lined with leather and the button sewing doesn't go through the leather and I don't want to damage anything.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this jacket because of the bark color and it's different from the bedale that you see everywhere. Plus I own a waxed cotton jacket that looks like a bedale but from Polo RL. The only thing is you can't put in a liner so it's only good to use for spring. I really like this flyer/bomber style in this bark color which is perfect for the look I'm going for this spring which is a Tom Cruise circa Top Gun meets Wes Anderson kind of look with Oliver Peoples sunnies of course

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of getting this jacket because of the bark color and it's different from the bedale that you see everywhere. Plus I own a waxed cotton jacket that looks like a bedale but from Polo RL. The only thing is you can't put in a liner so it's only good to use for spring. I really like this flyer/bomber style in this bark color which is perfect for the look I'm going for this spring which is a Tom Cruise circa Top Gun meets Wes Anderson kind of look with Oliver Peoples sunnies of course
like the jacket dont care for the specs...

fullycaffed

Reaction score

anyone know what jacket this is? small logo on the chest with striped under collar. thinking about buying it but can't even find what model the jacket is.

SJWilliam

Reaction score
Hi All, Does anyone on here know of a website that is currently selling the Powell Quilted Jacket (L or XL) in Navy? I've searched online for a bit and only seen it offered in Black or Olive but the only websites I've found appear to be spam sites. Thanks.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Hi, just got an Barbour Ashby in size 36 (I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs). Fits perfect in the waist and chest, but a tad tight around the back of the shoulders when wearing only a regular shirt. I will use it casually without lining, so I am very unsure on whether to keep it or now.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thoght ashby only comes in standard sizes like S, M, and L.

My medium fits me spot on and I can wear it over my suit.

Rankiz

Reaction score

I thoght ashby only comes in standard sizes like S, M, and L.

My medium fits me spot on and I can wear it over my suit.

Hi, my bad, I meant Small of course. I tried medium also in the store, but it just felt too large.

Here is fit pic (small) :
DNrhL8x.jpg

NeedForTweed123

Reaction score
So my Commander is tight in the armholes. Barbour can add fabric under the armholes to give more room. Would this make the armholes fit better, or would it just give more chest allowance and the armholes would still be tight seeing as how they are high?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads