• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket I ordered will be my first Barbour, but I've learned that the different "editions" (Heritage, International, Classic, etc) have wildly different cuts and measurements. End seems to be on point though!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to disagree on End's measurments. I'm sure some are right, but a couple of pieces, including a Barbour Ashby, I recently ordered were bigger pit-to-pit than what End posted. In fact the Ashby was two inches wider pit-to-pit than what End posted.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have to disagree on End's measurments.  I'm sure some are right, but a couple of pieces, including a Barbour Ashby, I recently ordered were bigger pit-to-pit than what End posted.  In fact the Ashby was two inches wider pit-to-pit than what End posted.

I don't think it's just End though. Barbour has a wide range of cuts and measurements. I tried on an Ashby the other day in M and it fit me. I normally wear a 38 sometimes 40 suit coat if that provides any perspective.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new Barbour just arrived.... Chelsea Sportsquilt size S fits perfectly! :slayer:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
new Barbour just arrived.... Chelsea Sportsquilt size S fits perfectly!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Pics?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, I received emails from Barbour Kittery, ME and Barbour Milford, NH listing savings up to 90% off this weekend. That figure really doesn't mean much but I suppose they are expecting good crowds. I'll be visiting my Mother in Bedford, NH on Saturday so I hope to check out Milford as it's 15-20 min from Milford.

mariokart24

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a good holiday. I'm looking to by a Barbour Gladwell in size Small, but it's difficult even finding info on the jacket. Does anyone know a place I can buy one? Any help would be much appreciated.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Chelsea Rib Neck jacket in navy, size XL is available in the US? I have been looking for this jacket and have had no luck finding it in stock from a US retailer or a UK one that ships to the US. Any help appreciated!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of End, I received the Japanese SL Windowpane Bedale jacket last week and it's a great jacket.

I got the 38 and 40 because I wasn't sure of sizing. End's measurements are a bit off on both those sizes. The 38 measures 21.5'' p2p (vs 21'' on End) and the 40 is actually 22.5'' p2p (vs 21.75'' on End).

I kept the 38; it fits nice and slim, but not tight. For reference, I wear a 38S in suits and sportcoats.

If anyone is looking for a size 40, End should have one back in stock some time next week. It should be noted that the armholes are too small/high to allow a sportcoat to be worn underneath. Fwiw, I couldn't fit a sportcoat in the size 40 either.

Pics on cultizm show the color better:

Last edited:

pvoytko

Reaction score
Anyone know what a 40R would wear in the department b commander? Can preorder on end for really cheap right now but i hesr a lot of thingd about the sizing of that particular jacket. Its cut slim already so im leaning towards an XL but 40 is still considered a medium by most barbour styles

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Chelsea Rib Neck jacket in navy, size XL is available in the US? I have been looking for this jacket and have had no luck finding it in stock from a US retailer or a UK one that ships to the US. Any help appreciated!

I ordered Chelsea Sportsquilt from End. Maybe Orvis has it and/or the Powell I believe is similar.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know what a 40R would wear in the department b commander? Can preorder on end for really cheap right now but i hesr a lot of thingd about the sizing of that particular jacket. Its cut slim already so im leaning towards an XL but 40 is still considered a medium by most barbour styles

XL is going to be gigantic if you wear a 40 suit jacket.
I wear a 44 and got the XL. Measurements at End for the XL are f'd up. YMMV on the other sizes. I went by the measurements on the Barbour site.
http://www.barbour.com/All-Collections/Mens/Waxed-Jackets/Beacon-Sports-Jacket/p/MWX0007OL71L

Countryattire.com

http://www.countryattire.com/mens/j...ortsquilt-jacket-olive-mqu0006ol51-d1283.html

That's a different jacket. He's looking for the one with the knit collar. Like this only in navy.
http://www.countryattire.com/barbour-men-s-chelsea-rib-neck-quilt-jacket-black-mqu0364bk91.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads