• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
I bought a pair of blucher-type moccasins from this company recently; I'm in between size 12 and 13. So my shoes arrive in size 12, and I put them on before running out the door. At work that day my feet were in pain, and I had a blister on the back of my heel that night. Fast forward two months, they are my favorite shoes. I can even slide them on and off without undoing the laces.

My advice is that you will be fine, since loafers are similarly stretchy.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of blucher-type moccasins from this company recently; I'm in between size 12 and 13. So my shoes arrive in size 12, and I put them on before running out the door. At work that day my feet were in pain, and I had a blister on the back of my heel that night. Fast forward two months, they are my favorite shoes. I can even slide them on and off without undoing the laces.

My advice is that you will be fine, since loafers are similarly stretchy.

Thanks. I think you are right I have been wearing them for several hours now and they still seem a bit snug but nothing hurting. Also big toe and little toe can't imagine having less room than this 9.5. So unless these things are going to stretch out like crazy I think the half size down was ok. Like all things only time will tell what was really right. Again this is being used more as a pair of slippers with good support so I think we are ok.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so here is where I am.... Found an ok deal on a pair of the loafers on ebay size 9.5 figured give it a shot price was ok worst case I put them back up for sale lose a few.

So they just came again I am solid 10 on the brannock with a high instep, these are unworn 9.5 OSB loafers. These will be worn with mostly thinner shocks. I tried them on and a little snug mostly instep area, toe almost touching the front of the shoe, width ok, sitting with them on and walking on carpet just a little snug not tight no pain. I honestly will only use these as house shoes for this pair I don't plan to go outside the house. I have foot pain and wearing good supportive shoes around the house has solved all my pain issues.

Question is do I really need a 9? How much do these really stretch out? My concern is I could mostly just put these back up for sale as new I only wore on the carpet to test, the soles are still perfect. So if these are going to stretch out and not fit right no point in wearing them and then having to sell them as used losing more money.

But man my toe is really up in the shoe not sure how a 9 would be. Also my other concern is this pair is replacing a pair of similar shoes made bay Allen Edmonds that I only wore as house shoes. The AE pair was a size 10 and they just did not last in only a few months you could see my little toe was going to pop out, and at 3 months it did, then the whole side tore open. So my other concern with the OSB is I don't want to get to small a size, it stretches but then fails.

Update: I have just been sitting in the family room with the shoes on, about an hour now, I would say I feel some compression all over, nothing that I would call uncomfortable, if I take them off for sure I need a shoehorn to get them back on, no way is my foot going to just slip back in, the leather is for sure super soft and clearly has give and stretch to it, still on the fence if this 9.5 is good or I really need a 9 all depends on how much these stretch. Right now the 9.5 feels good and I know in a few days the slight compression will be gone so sizing down was for sure needed. Just trying to figure out how much these are going to stretch if a little I think I am good, if a lot then probably I need the 9 but will that blow out like the AE.

Thoughts guys?

Pic of shoes and arrow showing tip of big toe and notice the side slight bulge this is where the AE failed.

View attachment 821992

I would say that after wearing them for the 3rd day with thin socks for hours they are still snug and I am sure that a 9 would have been too small, the 9.5 was the size to have. So I wear a 10 normally, sized down half a size wearing with thin socks seems ok. I tried to get them on with normal socks and no way could not get my foot in, I would say with thick or normal socks TTS is the best. Even now my toes are right up there so I think with 9 they would have been poking out the front. Also tried with no socks and fit is the same as the thin socks so at least for me no socks or thin, half down, normal socks would be TTS.

I guess this forum does not move anywhere as fast as the AE forum....

spencers

Reaction score
Placed my order a week ago for some natural trail oxfords but still no shipping notification. I assumed they were in stock and ready to ship since other sizes were labeled as "preorder." Guess I was wrong. Are they all made to order?

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Placed my order a week ago for some natural trail oxfords but still no shipping notification. I assumed they were in stock and ready to ship since other sizes were labeled as "preorder." Guess I was wrong. Are they all made to order?

Hi--

I bought mine recently and they arrived within a week, so maybe they are temporarily out of stock in your size. I was nervous about the natural at first, but I have to say that they look fantastic after having been broken in a bit. Anyone searching google down the road for something resembling the LL Bean bluchers of yore can buy these with full confidence.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys selling a pair of OSB Natural trench boots dainite sole size 8.5 for $200 great condition

pima1234

Reaction score
The new OSB Crazy Horse Trench Boots. So nice! Virtually no break-in, and TTS.

Next year, a pair in black to replace my 1000 Mile boots.

For anyone who may not have seen, in addition to the 20% Black Friday discount, I moved my mouse off the page, and another 5% off coupon appeared. This happened... after I purchased these.

IMG_20171129_223541908.jpg

hyong1991

Reaction score
Read about the "fake welts" that OSB was using for their trail oxfords, but that post was made years ago.

was wondering if the construction of the trail oxford still the same?

letsgofire

Reaction score
Read about the "fake welts" that OSB was using for their trail oxfords, but that post was made years ago.

was wondering if the construction of the trail oxford still the same?

There were two or three people in SF that seemed to get way out of hand with critizing OSB. From memory they were new members of dubious origin. Short version of the story is just ignore the gossip.

OSB shoes are well made and last for many years. I own three styles and wear them regularly throughout the year. If you purchase a pair, I think you will enjoy them.

DigDug

Reaction score
Good Morning All,
Looking for some input.
I'm looking for an all purpose shoe (not a boot, I have plenty of those).
Something that can go from office to job site, walk around Europe, doesnt need polish (just a good brush and some oil), can be worn without socks, looks with jeans to a suit (if need be).
I'm thinking of either the Alden long wing blucher or the OSB trench Oxford in natural.

Any thoughts, alternatives???

pima1234

Reaction score
The OSB Trench Oxford with Christy sole is my favorite shoe. I want one in black, but it will have to be a special order, someday.

Good Morning All,
Looking for some input.
I'm looking for an all purpose shoe (not a boot, I have plenty of those).
Something that can go from office to job site, walk around Europe, doesnt need polish (just a good brush and some oil), can be worn without socks, looks with jeans to a suit (if need be).
I'm thinking of either the Alden long wing blucher or the OSB trench Oxford in natural.

Any thoughts, alternatives???

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think many people check this thread, but I’m selling 2 pairs of Trench Boots in GREaT condition both size 9 (color 8 CMXL & natural Rough Out Suede) w/ Dainite soles. $200 each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads