• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO waxed flesh trail oxford update...

Medoc

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the natural trench oxford w/ dainite sole? They would be a fantastic shoe for my work but I have one concern. The front appears to be significantly curved upward as many shoes are. This is something I don't mind if it's subtle but some of these shoes start to look like ski jumps. I definitely don't enjoy that. Looks to be present on many of the OSB models. Any experienced wearers have any opinions to help me pull the trigger? I'm thinking it appears a bit more exaggerated in the photos and I'm psyching myself out.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the natural trench oxford w/ dainite sole? They would be a fantastic shoe for my work but I have one concern. The front appears to be significantly curved upward as many shoes are. This is something I don't mind if it's subtle but some of these shoes start to look like ski jumps. I definitely don't enjoy that. Looks to be present on many of the OSB models. Any experienced wearers have any opinions to help me pull the trigger? I'm thinking it appears a bit more exaggerated in the photos and I'm psyching myself out.

JTK

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new wingtips in the flesh? I was considering the PTB, but these looks nice. Looking for something that can be dressed down, and the double sole seems to do the trick, but I'm still on the fence.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has been kinda dead lately, but I just sent a pair of OSB trail oxfords back to OSB for recrafting. $96 including return shipping. Has anyone used their factory recrafting before? I'm sort of curious to see how they come out.

stonewall1614

Reaction score
guys,

whats the word on the loafer sizing. I would like to pick up a pair. Should I size down 1/2 and go with my Barrie sizing? Or should I go down a whole size. I see conflicting info from their site to their retailers sites.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

guys,

whats the word on the loafer sizing. I would like to pick up a pair. Should I size down 1/2 and go with my Barrie sizing? Or should I go down a whole size. I see conflicting info from their site to their retailers sites.

Are you planning on wearing them with socks or bare foot?

I don't know my Barrie last size, but I'll try to help anyway. I typically wear a 9E in most Allen Edmonds lasts (although I could probably go 8.5E or 8.5EEE on some). I own two OSB loafers. Natty beefrolls on leather soles that I wear with socks, in 8.5, and dark brown beefrolls on the crepe soles, which I wear barefoot mostly, in 8.

The 8.5 fits well with medium weight (or even thin) socks, but barefoot might be a tad too loose. The 8 is good for me barefoot, although it pinches slightly on my 5th toe. Not enough to bother me or cause me to size up.

letsgofire

Reaction score
I went down a full size for a loafer but used my normal size for the boots. Going down a full size was snug at first but has worked out well after they broke in.

guys,

CommodoreMarvel

Reaction score
I like my trench boots, but I have found the last to be some what troublesome. The toe box is wide, but flat and I often find my toes pushed down on from the "roof" of the boot. I bought them TTS and the rest of it fits well, even slightly loosely so I feel like I can't wear light socks to give my feet space without sliding in them. After one painful trudge up a hill in San Francisco, I kicked off my trenches and found that the leather insole had come loose from the foam padding underneath. To my surprise I found that with the slender leather insole removed my toes felt so much better and now I'm considering placing 3/4 insoles into the Oak streets so that the heel is tight and the toes live in peace. Has anyone else had this issue?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

guys,

Barrie size for me, down 1/2.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely had an issue with the low toebox, just as you describe. In my case I was wearing them with orthotic insoles, which I need for support, and that crowded the toes quite a bit. 3/4s worked better, but I could never really get used to the way that sort of insole felt on my feet. I think the boots would both look and feel better with a little more of a rounded toe...

I like my trench boots, but I have found the last to be some what troublesome. The toe box is wide, but flat and I often find my toes pushed down on from the "roof" of the boot. I bought them TTS and the rest of it fits well, even slightly loosely so I feel like I can't wear light socks to give my feet space without sliding in them. After one painful trudge up a hill in San Francisco, I kicked off my trenches and found that the leather insole had come loose from the foam padding underneath. To my surprise I found that with the slender leather insole removed my toes felt so much better and now I'm considering placing 3/4 insoles into the Oak streets so that the heel is tight and the toes live in peace. Has anyone else had this issue?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads