• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

H2O

Reaction score
Has anybody else from Canada had trouble making purchases from their website? My credit card provider has assured me everything is good on my end but my transactions keep getting declined. Seems odd. I sent them an email, but was just curious if anybody else has had the same experience.

Jortuno

Reaction score
Has anybody else from Canada had trouble making purchases from their website? My credit card provider has assured me everything is good on my end but my transactions keep getting declined. Seems odd. I sent them an email, but was just curious if anybody else has had the same experience.

I'm in the US and I actually had the same problem on my first order. After several unsuccesful tries, I found that it was my apartment number that caused the problem. I had entered it separately into an address 2 field as I normally do everywhere else. I simply placed my apartment number in the same Address 1 field and the transaction worked after that.

seasquirrel

Reaction score
I don't have any Trench boots (I'm a widefoot and at the time they didn't sell anything extra wide) but I do have 2 pair of OSB trail oxfords. I just got a pair in natural cxl over the summer, with crepe soles. They are super comfortable and breaking in nicely:

orionz06

Reaction score
How would these fit compared to Wolverine 1000 Mile boots? Same size? I know I need to size down in those.

kentyman

Reaction score
How would these fit compared to Wolverine 1000 Mile boots? Same size? I know I need to size down in those.

I wear an 8.5D Oak Street Trench Boot and 8D Wolverine McClean, though the latter is admittedly less roomy.

aDrummingDude

Reaction score
I went true to size, per oak streets recommendation, with the trench boot and the things were so big I thought they must've been mislabeled. If I were to do it all over again I'd go down at least a half size.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
would anyone recommend huberds shoe grease to treat natural chromexcel trench boots?

H2O

Reaction score
I kept having trouble so I just ended up ordering the OSB Calico Peanut Suede trench boots from Bonobos. I must say, the things are beauties! No regrets.

My next question: does anybody have any preferences as to what they use to protect their suede? I gave them a once-over with the Aldo suede/nubuck spray protector, but I'm wondering if there is a superior product, specifically for Horween suedes/rough outs. I have been using the Aldo spray for years on other pairs of suede footwear and they've all held up extremely well. I know the rough-outs are better resistant to water than the Calico suede.

I'm also wondering if there is any real way to ensure longevity to a suede boot. You can always condition and oil straight up leather. Is there any equivalent for suede?

I found this stuff online, but I'm not sure if it's ideal, despite the reviews all being positive.

http://store.leathermagic.com/nubucksuedeleatherconditioner.aspx

twhite

Reaction score
I purchased 2 pairs of OSB Loafers in a 12 and I need an 11.5. Would anyone like to trade? I have 2 colorways. Thanks!

matthewRdale

Reaction score
Got my third pair of OSB shoes a couple weeks ago, black Dainite soled trench boots. I've had a pair of the natural trench boots for over a year now and love them. I've worn the black ones only about 3 times, and am slightly worried about the amount of creasing in the toe box. The leather has wrinkled up quite a bit, and feels much softer and weaker than the leather on the other shoe. I'm not one to baby my shoes, but I haven't experienced anything like this with the other Oakstreets I own, and I think it's fair to expect more from a pair of boots that cost nearly $500. Should I contact OSB and try to get them replaced? I'm worried about the longevity of the leather.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my third pair of OSB shoes a couple weeks ago, black Dainite soled trench boots. I've had a pair of the natural trench boots for over a year now and love them. I've worn the black ones only about 3 times, and am slightly worried about the amount of creasing in the toe box. The leather has wrinkled up quite a bit, and feels much softer and weaker than the leather on the other shoe. I'm not one to baby my shoes, but I haven't experienced anything like this with the other Oakstreets I own, and I think it's fair to expect more from a pair of boots that cost nearly $500. Should I contact OSB and try to get them replaced? I'm worried about the longevity of the leather.

davidw25

Reaction score
I feel like (no evidence to back this up) it happens more with their black leathers than others. I have a pair of the black OSB's that have done the same thing and they told me it was normal.

evolved

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a pair of PT trench boots from Nordstrom (natty cxl). Any insight onto sizing relative to Allen Edmonds? I'm an 11B-ish on a Brannock device and wear both 10.5B and 11B in AE's various lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads