• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Trench boots back from a resole. They came with the flat leather sole (all that was available at the time), which I was never wild about, so even though they still had some life in them I decided after a year to resole them with Dainites. Here is the result:

I like the way they look, and I've had Dainites in the past and am pretty certain I'll be happy with the feel. Looking forward to dirtying up the new welt a bit...

BTW, these have spent a year being my second pair of boots, so have gotten a medium amount of wear. The natural CXL darkened up quite a bit of course, and have stretched some in the lacing area, but overall I am happy with them.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Just got my Trench boots back from a resole. They came with the flat leather sole (all that was available at the time), which I was never wild about, so even though they still had some life in them I decided after a year to resole them with Dainites. Here is the result: I like the way they look, and I've had Dainites in the past and am pretty certain I'll be happy with the feel. Looking forward to dirtying up the new welt a bit... BTW, these have spent a year being my second pair of boots, so have gotten a medium amount of wear. The natural CXL darkened up quite a bit of course, and have stretched some in the lacing area, but overall I am happy with them.
Man they look great! I wish that look was offered standard. I bet it would sell a lot

davidw25

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not a huge fan of Danite soles? I feel like I am about to get steamrolled here. First of all they are slippery as can be if the floor is at all wet, first time I wore them I literally had to shuffle my feet across the floor of the grocery. Also I feel like they don't flex very well. My leather soled pair is one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes, but the danite still hurts my feet after plenty of wear because the sole doesn't bend very easily.

Let the roast begin!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not a huge fan of Danite soles? I feel like I am about to get steamrolled here. First of all they are slippery as can be if the floor is at all wet, first time I wore them I literally had to shuffle my feet across the floor of the grocery. Also I feel like they don't flex very well. My leather soled pair is one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes, but the danite still hurts my feet after plenty of wear because the sole doesn't bend very easily.

Let the roast begin!

No need for roasting. There is no doubt that Dainites are better suited for walking down an English country road or across a sheep field (which I haven't had a chance to do yet) than on wet linoleum. Though I have found them to be fine on anything beyond a wet floor. As far as stiffness, I like that about them. The flat leather I found to be slippery also in certain circumstances, but generally just too light and flexible -- I could feel the ground far too much through them. I like a "rock as you walk" effect that thicker soles with a turned up toe gives you. Different strokes...

(Also, my daughter likes the smiley face the heel makes on the squishy floormat in our kitchen!)

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Let the roast begin!

No need for roasting.  There is no doubt that Dainites are better suited for walking down an English country road or across a sheep field (which I haven't had a chance to do yet) than on wet linoleum.  Though I have found them to be fine on anything beyond a wet floor.  As far as stiffness, I like that about them.  The flat leather I found to be slippery also in certain circumstances, but generally just too light and flexible -- I could feel the ground far too much through them.  I like a "rock as you walk" effect that thicker soles with a turned up toe gives you.  Different strokes...

(Also, my daughter likes the smiley face the heel makes on the squishy floormat in our kitchen!)

Haha no doubt about the slipperiness of dainite on a wet floor (got my first surprise walking into work on snowy day and almost fell on ******). To add to what linafelt said, I also like how much more durable dainite is, wears less, I don't have to worry about the weather, and less likely for pebbles or anything to get stuck in the sole.

kentyman

Reaction score
All fair points. I only have one shoe with them, and while I haven't slipped in them, I definitely miss both the look and sound of leather soles.

aDrummingDude

Reaction score
Just got my black trenches from Kaliber in Santa Rosa, CA (super chill shop). So far, love them! They are on the larger side of true to size, but just slightly. If you are in between sizes, go for the smaller of the two and you'll be good to go.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Trench boots back from a resole. They came with the flat leather sole (all that was available at the time), which I was never wild about, so even though they still had some life in them I decided after a year to resole them with Dainites. Here is the result:

I like the way they look, and I've had Dainites in the past and am pretty certain I'll be happy with the feel. Looking forward to dirtying up the new welt a bit...

BTW, these have spent a year being my second pair of boots, so have gotten a medium amount of wear. The natural CXL darkened up quite a bit of course, and have stretched some in the lacing area, but overall I am happy with them.

Men, if anyone is interested, I've listed these for sale in the classifieds...

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't dig the resole?

No, actually I like the resole a lot, much better than the original leather sole. Just realized that they fit the same slot as my White's Boots, which I am now wearing regularly. Looking to get a different style boot/shoe instead, and need the cash. Figured if I am ever going to replace the OSBs I ought to put them up for sale now, before I put any wear on the new soles.

deltashell

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a pair of hunt boots in 9D, I have a pair that is new except for a little shop wear. Will offer at a good price. awesome burgundy color and cross stitched toe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads