• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

Landau

Reaction score
I just got a pair of trail oxfords myself!

I have the same size shoes as you and i got a size 8. It might be that my feet are weirs, but i have to wear thick socks to not get my feet sliding around. Hope that helps!

melquiad

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have read much of this thread trying to inform myself about sizing with the Trench Boot.
And there appears to be no consensus.

Could anyone who may own Alden Indy's and/or Red Wing Iron Ranger/Beckmans, and also the Oak Street Trench Boot, please let me know what they think of the sizing?

Thanks!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have read much of this thread trying to inform myself about sizing with the Trench Boot.
And there appears to be no consensus.

Could anyone who may own Alden Indy's and/or Red Wing Iron Ranger/Beckmans, and also the Oak Street Trench Boot, please let me know what they think of the sizing?

Thanks!

In my experience the Indy boot is about half a size bigger than the OSB Trench, so Indy 9.5 = OSB 10 for me. The OSBs are fairly wide and more or less TTS (brannock) in length, and to my mind the IRs are very narrow and slightly long. So it's kind of hard to compare. Lengthwise, the IRs are probably about half a size longer than OSBs but are much more narrow to me. Hope this is not more confusing than helpful! All told, it seems most people fine OSB to be very close to brannock, compared to other boots.

melquiad

Reaction score
In my experience the Indy boot is about half a size bigger than the OSB Trench, so Indy 9.5 = OSB 10 for me. The OSBs are fairly wide and more or less TTS (brannock) in length, and to my mind the IRs are very narrow and slightly long. So it's kind of hard to compare. Lengthwise, the IRs are probably about half a size longer than OSBs but are much more narrow to me. Hope this is not more confusing than helpful! All told, it seems most people fine OSB to be very close to brannock, compared to other boots.

Thanks linafelt! That is very descriptive and helps a lot in making a decision!

gt0279a

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Penny Loafers in Natural CXL and the stitching on the shoes does not match in color.

Is this a defect or typical of these shoes with waxy stitching? (Toe / vamp stitching have two different colors between left & right)

Jortuno

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Penny Loafers in Natural CXL and the stitching on the shoes does not match in color.

Is this a defect or typical of these shoes with waxy stitching? (Toe / vamp stitching have two different colors between left & right)

I'm sure its not a defect BUT the color variation of the stitching would bother me so I would exchange them.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Some good new styles from OSB. I particularly like the cognac color. Just in time for A/W

Last edited:

ctb87

Reaction score
I have a pair of their penny loafers, best dress shoe in my closet by far. Perhaps best shoe in my closet. Now if I can only justify those trench boots! They're the best, the quality is through the roof. I wonder if they will ever even need replacing.

emidyl

Reaction score
I have a pair of their penny loafers, best dress shoe in my closet by far. Perhaps best shoe in my closet. Now if I can only justify those trench boots! They're the best, the quality is through the roof. I wonder if they will ever even need replacing.
I bought my son a pr this past spring. Great boots. You won't regret them once you start wearing them.

sask boot

Reaction score
I would like to see them put up some profile pics of the lakeshore last. I have the trench boots on the elston last and am very happy with them.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

Hmm this doesn't look good. Insoles on my trenches started peeling up and there's a foamy insert underneath. Shouldn't there be cork under these insoles?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads