• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers x StyleForum Exclusive

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's gonna be the lucky SOB to get his first?

Do we want pics or do we want to be surprised opening the boxes? I'm leaning towards the surprise...

racknac

Reaction score

Well they shipped Friday and one pair shipped to Chicago - so he'll have them today! Yeah, lets see some photos as they roll in

I guess that's me! Unfortunately I'm away in Boston and won't be able to get them until later this week... glad to hear I will be the only person in Chicago rocking these!

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am outside of Chicago in Des Plaines and I do regularly go to Chicago so you might be seeing mine as well:)

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brokeassp if you do get them today would you mind posting up some pics?

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7586531918_3e89b5018d_z.jpg
:slayer:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a good representation of the color due to the flash. the 2060 sole is awesome. Really comfortable out of the box. I did the 1/2 size down from brannock. I could`ve gone to a full length for more toe room but I supposed this would stretch to allow for winter socks with wear.

Last edited:

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice, mine should be here tomorrow. can't wait to start breaking them in, i put off getting trail oxfords far too long considering it's my favorite style of shoe.

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I actually made a pair of these for myself too - i'm so excited to start wearing them. HOWEVER, i have showings next week in NYC, and I figure I should show retailers this leather (it's called Cavalier), and they should see the sole - soooo, I can't start wearing the until late next week!

One of the many advantages of this sole is the weight. For those of you who have trail oxfords with the cristy sole, you'll notice how incredibly light the 2060 is. A lot softer, yet very long lasting and 'tough' for wear.

More photos! Lets see them as they role in

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the vibram sole being light. It felt so good I wanted to do squats in them at the gym.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads