• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-Rule "Rules"

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ :uhoh:

The buttons seem nice...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ :uhoh:
The buttons seem nice...

:(

indeed they are.

2012-02-19_21-23-30_407.jpg

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

A man who has at length found something to do will not need to get a new suit to do it in; for him the old will do, that has lain dusty in the garret for an indeterminate period. Old shoes will serve a hero longer than they have served his valet -- if a hero ever has a valet -- bare feet are older than shoes, and he can make them do. Only they who go to soires and legislative balls must have new coats, coats to change as often as the man changes in them. But if my jacket and trousers, my hat and shoes, are fit to worship God in, they will do; will they not? Who ever saw his old clothes -- his old coat, actually worn out, resolved into its primitive elements, so that it was not a deed of charity to bestow it on some poor boy, by him perchance to be bestowed on some poorer still, or shall we say richer, who could do with less? I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes. If there is not a new man, how can the new clothes be made to fit? If you have any enterprise before you, try it in your old clothes. All men want, not something to do with, but something to do, or rather something to be. Perhaps we should never procure a new suit, however ragged or dirty the old, until we have so conducted, so enterprised or sailed in some way, that we feel like new men in the old, and that to retain it would be like keeping new wine in old bottles. Our moulting season, like that of the fowls, must be a crisis in our lives. The loon retires to solitary ponds to spend it. Thus also the snake casts its slough, and the caterpillar its wormy coat, by an internal industry and expansion; for clothes are but our outmost cuticle and mortal coil. Otherwise we shall be found sailing under false colors, and be inevitably cashiered at last by our own opinion, as well as that of mankind.
--Thoreau

summation please. my eyes glazed over after 2 lines.

Welcome to the sound bite generation...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the sound bite generation...

lol, i actually enjoyed thoreau a lot in high school. was one of my favorites. im just a bit under the weather this week and could not process all that with all the meds making me drowsy.

:(

ill have a read later tonight i think.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New non-rule rules:

• Don't get a shirt like Stitchy's
  • Do not wear "official" SF tie

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

oxfordamerican

Reaction score
No button down collars.
No sport jackets with jeans/khakis/chinos.
No French Cuffs.
No dress shoes with jeans, though I suspect that might actually be a real rule.
No feeding after midnight.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon, is it really that bad?
8d9d0588-fda1-305a.jpg

redtree00

Reaction score
Looks like almost all of my personal rules have been covered already. Here are a few that I didn't see mentioned

• No solid color silk pocket squares
  • No dimples in ties - I work with an impecabbly dressed older gentleman that never has a dimple, I am not ashamed to admit that I started copying him
  • Rubber soles or topy only on dedicated rain shoes - I dont care what anyone says about sole material not affecting breath-ability, my feet get clammy with non leather soles
  • Metal taps on front of shoe sole, rubber on back - Too many close calls on marble floors for metal taps on the rear. Rubbers save lives :D
  • No jewlelry besides wedding ring and cufflinks
  • Baseball hats are for baseball players, fisherman hats are for fishermen. Unless its a blizzard or gale force winds you wear a real hat. Panama or linen in the spring/summer, Fedora or wool cap in the cold.
  • Grey ribbed singlets under all shirts - Hides the chest hair and nipples and can't be seen under a shirt and as an added benefit the ribbed fabric keeps you cool. Thankfully I don't need the armpit protection provided by a full undershirt
  • No solid white dress shirts - I'm the only guy in temple on Yom Kippur with a blue shirt (I wear a white Kittel on top for all you that are shaking your heads)

Lo Zingaro

Reaction score

[*] No solid white dress shirts - I'm the only guy in temple on Yom Kippur with a blue shirt (I wear a white Kittel on top for all you that are shaking your heads)
[/LIST]

I got like 35 solid white dress shirts.... Bonfanti cotton, Alumo cotton, Riva cotton, Thomas Mason cotton, Testa cotton, Albini cotton, Alfatex cotton, Riva linen, Bonfanti linen, Thomas Mason linen....... I'm obsessed with white shirts :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads