• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for All Projects)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want swatches, let us know today
Formosa Summer sport coat GMTO

View attachment 964744

For years, I always found it a great challenge to find good fabric options for summer jacketing. Easy enough to find solids and I love a great natural linen jacket or summer blazer. But good patterns are always incredibly hard to find, especially for someone who likes some texture and not a light worsted wool feel. So much of what's out there in that category simply sucks.

Solbiati (part of the Loro Piana group for a couple of years now) is a category killer in linen and cottons. Not everything in their books is great, but there are a lot more options for summer jacketing than anywhere else. Like with a lot of things at NoMan, I get inspired by others, and sometimes by choices our bespoke customers make. Seeing a swatch made up as a full garment can be helpful and inspiring. In this particular case, @lordsuperb 's commission of the beige PoW linen jacket was a stunner and IMO a fantastic summer jacket to have and to travel with.

So, instead of showing pictures of swatches this time, I thought I'd take the time (and $) to have some samples made of my 4 very favorite swatches in the Solbiati linen jacketing book. I think they're all gorgeous - two of them are more tame and tonal, the other two are bolder and more contrasty.

I would like to get this round of GMTO orders wrapped up quickly so that Formosa can get everything made and shipped to us by mid-July or so (that's my hope). I know everyone wants stuff at the start of the season and we're formatted by the retail industry to do that, but I personally think it's a good time to get a linen jacket - and also it's something you'll wear throughout the years, not just this July

So here is the timeline:
From now til Tuesday (May 1): we will ship swatches to those who are interested in ordering a jacket (or several). Email [email protected] with the swatch(es) you want and your address, and we'll put them in an envelope and send them out. I'm hoping we could send all of them out today.
From now til Tuesday May 8: we will be taking orders - all four styles are here. Preorder discount is PREORDER15:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=132
May 9: we will place the fabric orders with Solbiati and send the jacket sizes to Formosa. We will target late June to mid-July for delivery.

This is for standard sizes in S, R or L. No modifications or MTM changes for those orders. Those who want to place bespoke or MTM orders using those fabrics can do that any day of any week of the year, and we will be happy to help them with those order too.

Any questions, let me know!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll be closing orders tonight. The code to use at checkout is PREORDER15

Formosa Summer sport coat GMTO

View attachment 964744

For years, I always found it a great challenge to find good fabric options for summer jacketing. Easy enough to find solids and I love a great natural linen jacket or summer blazer. But good patterns are always incredibly hard to find, especially for someone who likes some texture and not a light worsted wool feel. So much of what's out there in that category simply sucks.

Solbiati (part of the Loro Piana group for a couple of years now) is a category killer in linen and cottons. Not everything in their books is great, but there are a lot more options for summer jacketing than anywhere else. Like with a lot of things at NoMan, I get inspired by others, and sometimes by choices our bespoke customers make. Seeing a swatch made up as a full garment can be helpful and inspiring. In this particular case, @lordsuperb 's commission of the beige PoW linen jacket was a stunner and IMO a fantastic summer jacket to have and to travel with.

So, instead of showing pictures of swatches this time, I thought I'd take the time (and $) to have some samples made of my 4 very favorite swatches in the Solbiati linen jacketing book. I think they're all gorgeous - two of them are more tame and tonal, the other two are bolder and more contrasty.

I would like to get this round of GMTO orders wrapped up quickly so that Formosa can get everything made and shipped to us by mid-July or so (that's my hope). I know everyone wants stuff at the start of the season and we're formatted by the retail industry to do that, but I personally think it's a good time to get a linen jacket - and also it's something you'll wear throughout the years, not just this July

So here is the timeline:
From now til Tuesday (May 1): we will ship swatches to those who are interested in ordering a jacket (or several). Email [email protected] with the swatch(es) you want and your address, and we'll put them in an envelope and send them out. I'm hoping we could send all of them out today.
From now til Tuesday May 8: we will be taking orders - all four styles are here. Preorder discount is PREORDER15:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=132
May 9: we will place the fabric orders with Solbiati and send the jacket sizes to Formosa. We will target late June to mid-July for delivery.

This is for standard sizes in S, R or L. No modifications or MTM changes for those orders. Those who want to place bespoke or MTM orders using those fabrics can do that any day of any week of the year, and we will be happy to help them with those order too.

Any questions, let me know!

ScottMC

Reaction score
DB jackets and pleated trousers: some of those things that menswear aficionados think are cool, but prefer to double-tap on IG than spend actual money on

My Army Green basketweave Lorenzo trousers. Don’t sleep on the Lorenzo!

62508957-449A-4BA8-9D29-5DB4B767AAA0.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0cae6174-759e-4920-87fa-c185f503595d-jpeg.990671

We got a number of requests for a restock of this shirt.

While the exact pink fabric has run out, TONY is making some more for us in a pink chambray instead :)slayer:), and we'll take pre-orders to make sure we get the right sizes into the hands of people who want it.

He was only able to secure fabric (from Japan) for 10 shirts total so we will be opening up pre-orders and it will be first come first serve.

Differences between the original broadcloth and the new Japanese chambray:

PREORDER LINK:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ambray-with-white-geometric-screen-print.html

PREORDER code for your pre-order discount

Preorder window: until 6/20 at 5pm ET
Delivery
: trying our best for end of July.

Note: apologies in advance if we need to cancel your order - we only have fabric for 10 pieces.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold out

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Blue Japan Spring'19 Pre-orders

And we're live! We know that these always go fast, so we wanted to offer pre-orders on the most popular styles we stock from Blue Blue Japan. all of these have a late February ship date, which means we should have them in your hands early March of 2019.

The thematic print this time is "sakura hana ikada" which literally translates to sakura "flower raft" and is exactly what it sounds like: when the sakura petals gather and float downstream together:

570066a490edb_570063c49be08_127506271.JPG

This is stylized into a blue and white/light blue print that came out very attractive, using the bassen relief style of dying.

We have this both as the ever-popular camp collar rayon shirt, but also as the lining for the reversible kimono jacket.

blue_blue_ss19_27_.jpg

Camp collar rayon shirt

blue_blue_ss19_22_.jpg

Reversible Kimono jacket

The second print is the over-all Mt. Fuji one, which is particularly glorious this time. While the Kimono jacket has the normal lining, the camp collar shirt is not made in the normal rayon but rather in chirimen, a traditional crafts and kimono fabric that we've featured previously.

blue_blue_ss19_37_.jpg

Chirimen camp collar shirt

blue_blue_87__1.jpg

Reversible kimono jacket

That should about cover it, and don't forget to use code PREORDER for 20% off now (and 20% off later).

To recap, there are two styles and two prints each, and delivery will be in early March. Measurements are given on each item page under the "Size & Fit" tab. The remainder will be paid then so no worries if your address changes in the meantime - you will have a chance to enter it again then. There is a discount of 20% off these preorders with code PREORDER. All styles can be seen here. If you have questions please post them in this thread, since it's likely someone else will have the same question.

Pre-orders close on Sunday July 1st @ midnight ET

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. Inglese Pre-Orders SS'19

Some details... Clicking on each swatch will take you to the product page

Buttoned Collar Shirts:

buttoned_collar_7.jpg

7 fabric options - all semi-handmade, aka what other high-end shirtmakers call "handmade" (hand-attached collar, sleeves, handsewn and shanked mother-of-pearl buttons with "crow foot" stitching, hand-sewn details on gussets)

• Thomas Mason Twill 1818 - very soft hand, crisp colors

• Monti Trevi Mouliné - looks like an Oxford weave but soft like a twill and lighter than an oxford. Colors are perfection IRL and exactly what I love to see for spring/summer. One is a watermelon-ish coral color, the other is dark mint green, both highly unusual to find and so on point.

• Somelos Lisboa (only tan) - this is an end-on-end with a subtle horizontal striation (similar to some cotton/linen fabrics). Very lightweight. The tan stripe is a great addition to a shirt closet.

• Grandi & Rubinelli Zevi - the best cotton/linen fabric out there IMO. Tried and true, this time in a fine stripe, in a darker blue than typical (think raw denim blue stripe)

• Ibieffe Arles light denim shirt - soft wash finish, lighter weight. Perfect shirt to wear in that casual/relaxed tailored vibe that mixes denim/chambray shirts and sport coats

Spread Collar Shirts:

spread_collar_3.jpg

6 fabrics - 3 are available in fully handmade make, and 3 in semi-handmade:

• Grandi & Rubinelli Molveno - mixed yarn cotton fabric. Very summery blue shirt, with the look of linen or cotton/linen but without the wrinkability. Very breathable weave

• Tessili Vittoria Capri linen - if you don't have a classic linen shirt in your closet, this is it. Hard to overstate how great linen shirts wear on warmer days. They look great and feel great. These handmade versions are just the nicest you can find. They are the same fabrics we made up as popovers this season, if you want to see more pics of the fabrics made up

• Grandi & Rubinelli Zevi - the best cotton/linen fabric out there IMO. Tried and true, this one in a fine stripe, in an uber-classic shade of blue, and a great candy red

• Mambo white seersucker - I have always wanted a white seersucker shirt (no BD collar) to wear on a hot day, to a summer wedding, or sleeves rolled-up on the weekend. Dress it up or down. I narrowed down my selection on this quality because the seersucker flocking isn't too pronounced and the stripe isn't too wide, which I think helps with that versatility.

Shirts with one-piece BD collar:

I find that style to be perfect for a more casual shirt - the softer one-piece collar makes a difference (has to be tried on)

20180305067.jpg

• 5 fabrics, all stripes, and all from the amazing Bonfanti Flamingo Twill 120/2 cotton range - soft, light. A dream to wear.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popover shirts (one-piece collar)

One of my very favorite styles - I wear those a lot

nomanwalksalone+greg+lellouche+pitti+uomo

Available in 6 fabrics:
  • Tessili Vittoria Capri tan linen - same popovers we made up this season and essentially sold out in those three colors

• Mambo seersucker - quintessential summer popover!

• Tessili Vittoria 'Miami" striped linen - the more casual / SWD option of the lot IMO. Will work so well with a Camoshita easy pant or shorts

One-piece collar polo shirts

mastroianni_collar_2.jpg

2 restocks (white fiammato cotton jersey and natural 100% linen jersey)

5 new fabrics:

• Tessilmaglia Zinco jersey. 100% cotton, great horizontal stripe. Quite retro, in a Talented Mr Ripley kind of way

g._inglese_ss19_32__1.jpg

• Tessili Vittoria Positano linen - very textured fabrics, deep colors

• Grandi & Rubinelli Chambray denim - a great way to wear chambray, with an open Capri collar and polo placket. Very much looking forward to this one. I can see this as something I could wear under a tan sport coat or rolled-up sleeves to the beach

giphy.gif

I think that's it!!

To help with the swatches, I just took that quick video, flipping through the swatches. I think that seeing the swatches move give a lot of context and is quite helpful vs a 2D scan

As a reminder, these are pre-orders, not MTO or MTM - standard sizing in the fabrics selected.

Code PREORDER15 for 15% off at checkout

Link for all Inglese pre-orders
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=140

Pre-order deadline: July 31 @ midnight ET
Delivery: February 2019

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camoshita SS'19 Pre-Orders
This is probably the one I'm most excited about, as you know I ride very hard for easy pants, and Camoshita ones in particular. (It's not an exaggeration to say I am in Camoshita easy pants 3-4 days of the week, every week, every season)

For Spring/Summer 19 we'll be doing five fabrics total, split across two styles.

The first style (in two colors) are a sort of cotton canvas, and are Camoshita's more classic style: semi-elastic waist, internal side adjusters, single pleat, and a nicely tapered leg. These are the ones that pair really nicely with everything from a tee to a camp shirt to a light sweater or sport coat.

Available in the camel color cotton canvas, as seen above, here.

Also available in navy cotton canvas here.

The second style is a more relaxed shape, still with a semi-elastic waist and zippered fly, but with a fixed waistband and drawstring. These are the more casual option, and like the above ones, pair really well with everything from a tee to a casual shirt to a lightweight knit. Roll 'em up, leave them down, whatever you're feeling. The fabric on these is lighter weight, and is a nicely textured cotton that is almost like a crepe - it's hard to describe so I'd recommend looking at the close-ups to get a good sense of it, but it has a really great hand to it.

Available in the above camel color cotton crepe here.

These are also available in a navy version of that cotton crepe here.

Lastly, we have another version of the above drawstring style, but in a beautifully lightweight wool/cotton seersucker beige check. Some of you may have past experience with Camoshita's specialty seersuckers, and they never disappoint.

These are available here.

The rest of the details:

These are pre-orders for Spring Summer 2019, with delivery expected sometime around February of 2019. The pre-order is for a 50% deposit, with 50% due upon receipt next year. We will ship to whatever address you pay the remainder with next year, so if you mess up your address this time or move between now and then, it's not a problem.

Lastly, be sure to use code PREORDER15 for your 15% pre-order discount on the checkout page.

That should above cover it, but if you have any questions about them be sure to post it in this thread instead of PM-ing or asking, as it's likely other people have the same questions.

If you want to see all of the pre-orders, the super secret page is here.:slayer:

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rota SS'19 Pre-Orders

Time to get the fabric you want in the style you want (side tabs or belt loops).
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=116

Things to note:
  • these are pre-orders, not MTO or MTM. Standard sizes only
  • you CAN pre-order an odd size (e.g. 47 or 53). For that, use the closest size and add the size to your gift message comments
  • all are delivered unfinished, except for the garment-dyed styles
  • delivery window is Jan-March 2019
  • all measurements are indicative and our best effort to help you with sizing. They are not contractual as there is ALWAYS manufacturing variance and Marty McFly was unavailable to measure your future pants.
Cotton/linen - textural perfection

Cotton twill - love those in cream

Lightweight "fresco" wool - the go-to summer trousers

Irish linen - CRISP!

Italian linen - a new one for us, for a lighter, more casual look than Irish linen (more mixed yarns)

Seersucker - the Matlock special

Wool gabardine - another new option for us. Great in side-tab style IMO

Fresco puppytooth - not TOO fancy

Wool silk linen - the crowd favorite. Limited colors this season as Loro Piana's color card wasn't exactly all winners this time...

Pre-orders close Aug 6 at midnight

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last pre-order of the spring '19 season: the mythical Inis Meain MTO round

Three styles: crewneck, tunic, and full-zip
Three yarn types: 100% linen solid, 100% linen "donegal" and a new yarn mix: slubby "Shantung" 90% linen 10% silk mix

1) Crewneck in solid or donegal linen:

(old colorway, not available - closest is blueberry)

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...k-sweater-solids-and-donegals-50-deposit.html

2) Tunic in solid or donegal linen:

Marone

Orchid

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...c-sweater-solids-and-donegals-50-deposit.html

3) Crewneck in "Shantung" linen/silk:

Orion blue

Orion, Sage, Marone

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ilk-shantung-crewneck-sweater-50-deposit.html

4) Tunic in "Shantung" linen/silk:

Marone

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...n-silk-shantung-tunic-sweater-50-deposit.html

5) Full-zip cardigan in linen donegal:

(old colorway, not available now)

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ll-zip-cardigan-linen-donegal-50-deposit.html

Marram

Orchid

Graphite (steel grey kinda color)

Henna

Blueberry

Cypress

Paging @cyc wid it for pics of his tunic in Mist

PREORDER15 for pre-order discount
Pre-order Deadline: 8/13 at midnight

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just heard back from Valstar about re-making the Clint (as an exclusive for NoMan in FW19, as it is not in the line-up).

Their minimum quantity to push it through production is a bit high, so I'd really love to hear from all of you guys who want one if you are planning on ordering one, and which size (that part is because they have a handful of pieces in stock right now, and if we can't get to the minimum order to produce it, then I can try to get these stock pieces for those).

Please reply to this if you are interested in ordering a Clint - and include your size - thanks!

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

As Greg teased earlier, this season will be a little bit different as Norwegian Rain are allowing us to dig through every fabric they can work with, many of them limited to only a few pieces. This is a very cool opportunity to get a unique piece of outerwear, but still full of all of the tech and functionality that we have grown to love about Norwegian Rain. All fabrics are shown in an embedded video but they are still split into multiple groups, so please make sure you're checking out with the right group for the fabric you would like.

We are offering their greatest hits, focusing on the Single Breasted, Moscow, M65, and Bumfreezer.

The biggest new addition is an entirely new liner vest, designed to be compatible with all of their full length styles by fastening at the collar. It's still their wool fiber fill, zips closed on itself as well for optimal warmth. This one will be compatible with FW19 styles as well as existing styles, if you already have a coat but want to add a liner.

Norwegian Rain modular universal Arctic Liner Vest

Sizing: Order the same size as your coat.

Single Breasted. The one that seems to be good at just about everything. Sharply tailored, with great but not excessive detailing, the single breasted looks just as great with a suit as it does a pair of jeans and boots. Warm on its own, it is compatible with the optional arctic liner to make it a proper winter coat as well.

Sizing: Fits slim, consider ordering one size larger than you typically wear if you plan to wear it over a suit or with the compatible liner.

Moscow. The perfect cold-weather coat, it too looks just as good over a suit as it does thrown on with your sweats to go walk the dog when it's nasty outside. With it's combination of shearling lining and quilted wool fiber fill, it's really, really warm. This is the coat I grab when I'll be stuck walking around the city for an hour when its 20 degrees out, knowing I won't feel a thing. The large shearling collar is removable, as is the shearling-lined hood, so it can take on quite a sophisticated look if you need it to. The Moscow is always warm, and is NOT compatible with the removable liner as it is already fully lined.

Sizing: Fits true to size but relaxed through the body.

M-65. A new style we added this past fall/winter and quickly became a favorite, the M65 is everything we love about Norwegian Rain outerwear, in the classic military parka shape. Finished off with a removable shearling collar, it serves double duty in the fall and winter for those that don't need the more hardcore Moscow. This one is compatible with the arctic liner to make it a proper winter coat as well.

Sizing: Fits oversized, order true to size for intended fit although it can also be comfortably sized down one.

Bumfreezer. A perennial favorite, the Bumfreezer is a sort of jacket-length equivalent of the Moscow, with a warm lining and Icelandic shearling collar. Made up in Norwegian Rain's fabrics, it has all of the functionality of technical outerwear but looks just like a handsome shearling-trimmed jacket. The Bumfreezer will be exclusive to No Man Walks alone for FW19, so if you like this style now is the time to get one.

Sizing: Fits slim but true to size.

The fine print:

These pre-orders are for FW19, with delivery expected in September - October 2019. We ask for 50% deposit now to secure your style and fabric choice, with the other 50% due upon receipt in the fall.

Lastly, be sure to remember to apply code PREORDER15 at the checkout page for your pre-order discount!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads