• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for All Projects)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't bother creating separate product page because orders for Lorenzo are minuscule. (Even that word doesn't express fully how few of those we get)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a shame. I think it's a great trouser!
DB jackets and pleated trousers: some of those things that menswear aficionados think are cool, but prefer to double-tap on IG than spend actual money on

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Any pre-order on Frank Clegg?

No pre-orders, but IIRC we can always put in a custom order for you and their turnaround is pretty quick

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will the old numbered donegal linens ever come back?

(specifically thinking of 230)

upload_2018-3-18_23-9-26.png

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DB jackets and pleated trousers: some of those things that menswear aficionados think are cool, but prefer to double-tap on IG than spend actual money on

My grey silk/linen Lorenzos arrived an hour ago, and I am basking in the aura of my good taste.

NMWA - I think an email I sent y'all may be stuck in your spam folder

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Formosa Summer sport coat GMTO

20180424116.jpg

For years, I always found it a great challenge to find good fabric options for summer jacketing. Easy enough to find solids and I love a great natural linen jacket or summer blazer. But good patterns are always incredibly hard to find, especially for someone who likes some texture and not a light worsted wool feel. So much of what's out there in that category simply sucks.

Solbiati (part of the Loro Piana group for a couple of years now) is a category killer in linen and cottons. Not everything in their books is great, but there are a lot more options for summer jacketing than anywhere else. Like with a lot of things at NoMan, I get inspired by others, and sometimes by choices our bespoke customers make. Seeing a swatch made up as a full garment can be helpful and inspiring. In this particular case, @lordsuperb 's commission of the beige PoW linen jacket was a stunner and IMO a fantastic summer jacket to have and to travel with.

So, instead of showing pictures of swatches this time, I thought I'd take the time (and $) to have some samples made of my 4 very favorite swatches in the Solbiati linen jacketing book. I think they're all gorgeous - two of them are more tame and tonal, the other two are bolder and more contrasty.

20180424102.jpg 20180424114.jpg 20180424106.jpg 20180424110.jpg

I would like to get this round of GMTO orders wrapped up quickly so that Formosa can get everything made and shipped to us by mid-July or so (that's my hope). I know everyone wants stuff at the start of the season and we're formatted by the retail industry to do that, but I personally think it's a good time to get a linen jacket - and also it's something you'll wear throughout the years, not just this July

So here is the timeline:
From now til Tuesday (May 1): we will ship swatches to those who are interested in ordering a jacket (or several). Email [email protected] with the swatch(es) you want and your address, and we'll put them in an envelope and send them out. I'm hoping we could send all of them out today.
From now til Tuesday May 8: we will be taking orders - all four styles are here. Preorder discount is PREORDER15:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html?makersinfo=132
May 9: we will place the fabric orders with Solbiati and send the jacket sizes to Formosa. We will target late June to mid-July for delivery.

This is for standard sizes in S, R or L. No modifications or MTM changes for those orders. Those who want to place bespoke or MTM orders using those fabrics can do that any day of any week of the year, and we will be happy to help them with those order too.

Any questions, let me know!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 964744

For years, I always found it a great challenge to find good fabric options for summer jacketing. Easy enough to find solids and I love a great natural linen jacket or summer blazer. But good patterns are always incredibly hard to find, especially for someone who likes some texture and not a light worsted wool feel. So much of what's out there in that category simply sucks.

Solbiati (part of the Loro Piana group for a couple of years now) is a category killer in linen and cottons. Not everything in their books is great, but there are a lot more options for summer jacketing than anywhere else. Like with a lot of things at NoMan, I get inspired by others, and sometimes by choices our bespoke customers make. Seeing a swatch made up as a full garment can be helpful and inspiring. In this particular case, @lordsuperb 's commission of the beige PoW linen jacket was a stunner and IMO a fantastic summer jacket to have and to travel with.

So, instead of showing pictures of swatches this time, I thought I'd take the time (and $) to have some samples made of my 4 very favorite swatches in the Solbiati linen jacketing book. I think they're all gorgeous - two of them are more tame and tonal, the other two are bolder and more contrasty.

I would like to get this round of GMTO orders wrapped up quickly so that Formosa can get everything made and shipped to us by mid-July or so (that's my hope). I know everyone wants stuff at the start of the season and we're formatted by the retail industry to do that, but I personally think it's a good time to get a linen jacket - and also it's something you'll wear throughout the years, not just this July

So here is the timeline:
From now til Tuesday (May 1): we will ship swatches to those who are interested in ordering a jacket (or several). Email [email protected] with the swatch(es) you want and your address, and we'll put them in an envelope and send them out. I'm hoping we could send all of them out today.
From now til Tuesday May 8: we will be taking orders - all four styles are here. Preorder discount is PREORDER15:
May 9: we will place the fabric orders with Solbiati and send the jacket sizes to Formosa. We will target late June to mid-July for delivery.

This is for standard sizes in S, R or L. No modifications or MTM changes for those orders. Those who want to place bespoke or MTM orders using those fabrics can do that any day of any week of the year, and we will be happy to help them with those order too.

Is 58L (48L US) an option?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

marco_rol

Reaction score

View attachment 964744

So here is the timeline:

Greg,

Wow, great options and super timely; I was literally going to send you an email this weekend about doing a Formosa MTM option in something like this. As always, fantastic choices.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 964744

So here is the timeline:

That beige POW looks so good. How versatile is that color? What color pants would it work with? Thanks.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That beige POW looks so good. How versatile is that color? What color pants would it work with? Thanks.
I think you can go darker or lighter. Also denim would be great.

Paging @lordsuperb who has a SC made of this and can offer his take

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads