• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
lesamourai, Nike is still pretty narrow. I don't recommend the Zoom Flyknits for serious running, but I've heard the new Flyknit Ones have resolved most issues people had with the Trainers/Racers. Though I still think you should go to a shop or have someone more experienced watch you walk and run. I'm not that big on running or anything, but I pesonally recommend that people try out some sort of minimal footwear, if not add it to their rotation, to help build proper form. If you can run properly, you'll probably be fine in any thing that fits and won't need to worry so much about needing footwear that compensates for poor form or bad habits.

Also I got wide feet and I can wear thick dri-fit socks with both my Free Runs and Flyknit Trainers in the same size with the former being just a bit narrower.

Leather

Reaction score
Two questions. I always remember Nike shoes being a lot more narrow than other brands, does that still hold true? Also, for running should I be looking at the Flyknits or Lunars?
If between the two, go with the Lunars. Most running shops that I've been to don't recommend running in the flyknit trainers.

tomee

Reaction score
love FK but they run narrow and my wide feet hang off the sides

picked these up recently

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jordan 1 Retro's usually run TTS in width and length, right?

No. Well not anymore at least. My 2001's are a size 10.5 (which is my normal Nike size) but my Knicks 1's were a size 10 and they felt about a half size too big. If I attempt to get Royals, I'll be going with a 9.5 or even a 9 to be honest.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides all the free runs and whatnot,
are there any nike basketball shoes you guys wear? 

Recently picked up these pairs within the last 3 weeks. Been mostly balling in the melos most. But the kd vs are great to play in.

Last edited:

NickFR

Reaction score
Recently picked up these pairs within the last 3 weeks. Been mostly balling in the melos most. But the kd vs are great to play in.

how are the melos? fit wise and lightness?
I play in the KD's and I've noticed they take a while to break in but
after that its smooth sailing.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how are the melos? fit wise and lightness? 
I play in the KD's and I've noticed they take a while to break in but
after that its smooth sailing. 

they're wider. which is nice since i have flat feet and a tailor's bunion on the right foot (which usually requires break in on many shoes).
they're definitely more comfy but a little softer than the kds. more like a plush feeling. not as supportive feeling as the kd but still quality support and i like the wider fit. there wasn't really any break in time with them at all.
they are a little heavier than the kds for sure but i don't feel like they're weighing me down or anything. the shoes aren't as responsive as the kds but they do the job still, i'm not super quick or anything though so it doesn't affect me much except maybe a bit on D.

so if you have a wider foot I'd go with the melos. otherwise the KDs are a wonderful shoe that just require breaking in.

i also tried lebron Xs and just could not play in those. too high off the ground feeling for me and just couldn't play on the 360 air.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads