• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Abandoned fire station basement in Dudley rediscovered

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-37553461

apparently Nigel has put in an offer for the outwear!

Last edited:

sleedy9

Reaction score
I'm considering getting an antarctic parka since I recently moved from Portland (where it doesn't get that cold) to Denver (where it can apparently get pretty cold).

I'm wondering a few things:

1. Will the antarctic parka be overkill in terms of temperature? I.e. will it be too warm to wear regularly in the winter?

2. Sizing, I have a Cameraman from last F/W and a Aircraft jacket from SS this past season both in size 50. Both seem to fit well, Aircraft is obviously a little bigger but I think it actually like the way it fits. Would I expect to wear the same size for the parka?

3. Color.... I would be debating between Navy and the orange.... I lean towards the orange but worry about spending that much money on something and then deciding it is too loud/ is difficult to wear.

4. Is there any place in particular that is the best place to watch for in terms of getting the best deal once sales hit? Obviously END though with them I will almost certainly get hit with import duties on an already expensive piece.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering getting an antarctic parka since I recently moved from Portland (where it doesn't get that cold) to Denver (where it can apparently get pretty cold).

1. Will the antarctic parka be overkill in terms of temperature? I.e. will it be too warm to wear regularly in the winter?

2. Sizing, I have a Cameraman from last F/W and a Aircraft jacket from SS this past season both in size 50. Both seem to fit well, Aircraft is obviously a little bigger but I think it actually like the way it fits. Would I expect to wear the same size for the parka?

3. Color.... I would be debating between Navy and the orange.... I lean towards the orange but worry about spending that much money on something and then deciding it is too loud/ is difficult to wear.

4. Is there any place in particular that is the best place to watch for in terms of getting the best deal once sales hit? Obviously END though with them I will almost certainly get hit with import duties on an already expensive piece.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1) I don't live in Portland, but I've been there in February and I can only imagine it'd be way too warm for you to get any meaningful wear out of it.

sleedy9

Reaction score
Sorry maybe the phrasing was slightly confusing but I moved FROM Portland TO Denver. So I live in Denver now.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
With regards to sizing on the parka

If you take a 50 in Cabourn, my advice is to stick with that - I don't think the fit of the parka is that critical - they are big and you want it to go over a thick sweater or a jacket

As regards prices - with the pound dropping like a stone, now has probably never been a better time to buy from the UK

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. Will the antarctic parka be overkill in terms of temperature?

I also live in Denver, and I think it's not that cold and getting the antarctic parka would definitely be overkill. I previously moved from Minnesota where it gets really really cold (often in the negative Fahrenheit degrees). I have the Nigel Cabourn x Eddie Bauer Kara Koram Jacket and i did not need to layer in Minnesota, but I highly doubt i'd ever use this jacket in Denver.

Last edited:

conak

Reaction score
Question to those who have tried on (or have) a Mallory jacket in both 50 and 52: is there a difference in length, specifically sleeve length? I have a 50 and am thinking of adding a 52 so I can fit my vests under it, but the 50 is already a tad too long in the sleeves for me. I know some designers keep the same length for 50 and 52, which would be ideal for me. Is the 52 longer than 50?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any sizing advice on these

Are they the usual Chucks sizing or TTS? I've got NC plimsoles (not made by Converse, below in the sig) which fit great TTS so I was wondering if these could be the same?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would guess that they are the usual Chucks sizing. My Cabourn Bosey boots were the same as my usual Chucks.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
The clasps look terrible. I can't imagine who would wear these. Well, I guess I can, sort of, but it's not me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads