• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

mcqueen

Reaction score
I am hoping some of the other Cabourn fans will be able to help me out. I ordered the denim Notch Work Jacket-size 50 from the Marrkt sale. I have just received it today. It only has one tag which reads "Jacket/Shirt, Size No.2". The camo Notch Work Jacket I bought two years ago,which is size 50, has the same type of tag, but it is "Jacket/Shirt, Size No.3". It also has a size 50 tag.

So, did Marrkt send me a size 50 or a size 48? Judging from the fit, it is definitely tighter in the chest than my size 50 camo. Any one with any experience with these jackets and the different size tags?

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A size 2 is a Japanese size, a size 2 is not even close to a size 50 which is IMO a Medium. A size 2 would be more like a small.

Send it back for a refund.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That is why I wish they put the chest measurements for the items. Their CS is non existant, I've emailed them a couple of times and I never get anything back.

mcqueen

Reaction score
My denim notch work jacket is definitely smaller than a size 50, probably a size 48. The label inside which indicates that it is a 'size no.2' is correct. Unfortunately, the people at Marrkt decided that it corresponded to a size 50. From my experience, Cabourn items which have both sizing tags indicate that size 2=48 and size 3=50.

So, I will now have to ship the jacket back to Marrkt (at my expense) for a refund. If anyone is interested in this at my cost, $220.00, let me know asap before I send it back. I would also consider any trades for other Cabourn items!

I would be interested in others experience with their purchases from the latest Marrkt sale.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding Marrkt:

Thankfully I got them to measure the jacket at which point I found out they were small and size was in Japanese and not European sizing.

You can contact Marrkt online via http://www.superdenim.com/ live chat as they're the same company.

They don't appear to reply to emails - at least not very quickly in my experience.

I didn't make a purchase.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marrkt were slow getting back to my emails one time, but other than that the customer service was good. I've found the sizing to be true Cabourn Authentic sizing as well, so long as the item was from the Authentic line and it all has been for me so far, so long as it was properly marked. Sounds like a one off or it's changed a bit this time round.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Is this the suit jacket?

Sorry for late post but I've just caught up with recent posts

This was called the 'pocket work jacket' from SS11. It's very roomy in fit and made in Linen denim
I have it in a 46 with the matching Hospital Waistcoat/vest and is one of my favourite Summer Cabourn pieces
I got mine from Selfridges in London when they did Cabourn for 2 seasons
I washed it to shrink it a little which worked really well
The same fabric was used on the deck jacket and a pair of matching trousers by ARN - Corniche still have a pair in 30. Although all the trousers were half an inch smaller in fit which didn't help

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads