• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Ok. Thank you. I do think a lot of cabourns look better a bit oversized if you like to wear it that way. But I'm just about 5 f 7 but with a bit wider shoulder though. I had a conversation with Cabourn earlier about the jacket for next season. I was told that they are making it with mohair and alpaca lining. Don't know if that's new for this season.

Another thing does anyone know what flannels means with 20% off? It says so on some of the Cabourns items, the cold weather parka for exemple but price hasn't change since the winter sale.

What's your chest measurement ?.. If you don't mind me asking

ferry

Reaction score

What's your chest measurement ?.. If you don't mind me asking

I honestly don't know. Have to find a tape and check that up. Where do you think I have to be to be able to take on the 48? I think I'm 46 in most stuff though. except the aircraft here's a fit pic with just a tee underneath

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

I honestly don't know. Have to find a tape and check that up. Where do you think I have to be to be able to take on the 48? I think I'm 46 in most stuff though. except the aircraft here's a fit pic with just a tee underneath

if that's the 48 aircraft then the 48 Cold Weather Parka i am sure will be fine apart from the sleeve length - you could always get them altered

The 46 cold weather Parka is good for chest measurrmts of up to 37 inches and the 48 up to 39 inches depending on how you like the fit - its a big parka and so more forgiving although I've always worn it over the chunky 4 way roll neck or a Mallory

Nigel's Cold Weather Parka is a fabulous piece and is a fabulous painstaking recreation of an original garment

Here is a photo of the original from the book Vintage Menswear

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
Does anyone own either one of these jackets and could comment on the fit? I'm usually a Large but can sometimes fit Medium depending on the cut. Fit Pics would be Awesome if you guys have any!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251308321776?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251308321875?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251308322047?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Would really appreciate the advice!

ferry

Reaction score
if that's the 48 aircraft then the 48 Cold Weather Parka i am sure will be fine apart from the sleeve length - you could always get them altered

The 46 cold weather Parka is good for chest measurrmts of up to 37 inches and the 48 up to 39 inches depending on how you like the fit - its a big parka and so more forgiving although I've always worn it over the chunky 4 way roll neck or a Mallory

Nigel's Cold Weather Parka is a fabulous piece and is a fabulous painstaking recreation of an original garment

Here is a photo of the original from the book Vintage Menswear

It's seems to be the best winter jacket. Wished I could try one on. Think the arms will be way to long. That was what happened with the linen lapel jacket also size 48. And it's impossible to find a tailor that you feel any safe with where i live. I think I have to pass for I while. Plus that I lost my phone this weekend somewhere around the trot track, that doesn't help me motivate a purchase economically.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody chime in on this seasons cricket oxford jacket? I'm guessing the fabric is pretty lightweight and soft? Size wise I'm a 46 camerman and 48 mallory (both FW). Wondering what size I would be.

Thanks

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

I thought you guys might be interested in my review of the Nigel Cabourn surface jacket. http://www.reddit.com/r/expensivemalefashion/comments/1jjkn2/nigel_cabourn_surface_jacket_review/ Also, if anyone is interested in bidding on it, that would be cool too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151094016156?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Nice review Shame it's too big on you and you have to sell. Looking at your eBay photos I think a 48 or even a 46 would have looked great

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Anybody chime in on this seasons cricket oxford jacket? I'm guessing the fabric is pretty lightweight and soft? Size wise I'm a 46 camerman and 48 mallory (both FW). Wondering what size I would be.

Thanks

If you take a 48 Mallory, I would go with a 48 Cricket Oxford as they are quite fitted with a shorter sillouette.

smartlew

Reaction score

Thanks

Can't comment on size compared with other cabourn jackets, but I found mine fine in my regular size (50). There are fit pics a few pages back. The fabric is light, though slightly heavier than my nicer oxford shirts (Beams) - just enough stiffness to be reassuring, and should soften with wear. I got the baby blue, but the light olive colour is great too!

Doberman

Reaction score
I just received this jacket and vest (Denim work). Bought them based on the photo below. Immediately washed them to give them a better look and loosen up the fabric a bit. I don't think they shrank much if any. The one thing I find funny is that there is a hook and loop on the collar so one can close it up in bad weather, but there is no way unless you have a 12" neck size. Even in the photo below you can see that the collar is too small to close all the way around the neck. Not sure why they didn't just leave the loop and hook off.

Either way. Very nice jacket and vest.

Hi Nixda,
I received the denim jacket too, but it is the one from this season (SS13) and the collar seems different from the one in hte picture above. It is called the 'chest pocket work jacket' : https://www.cabourn.com/collections...-work-jacket&product=511e5a68e55d88b47e00001c
The fit is kinda weird though. The shoulders are very dropped, it makes it look like i picked the wrong size. I took size 50. I am 5'11, 75kg, chest about 102cm
I am tempted to return it and get the 48.
Also, i was interested in the vest, would you mind posting a few pics of your fit with jacket+vest ?
Did you have any trouble with the size ?
Thx

nixda

Reaction score
I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads