• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by z7f9q
There's not that many teams with the money and cap space to make it happen though. NY has to be the front-runner, with a few other teams in position to make a good offer.

For what you get, Richards' contract is actually pretty decent. I could see a number of teams willing to clear up cap space to go after him.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me a cynic, but I really can't see the NHL going back to Winnipeg. Considering the latest "theme" of the NHL - expansion into ambivalent southern markets - I can hardly see Bettman/NHL turning around and giving Winnipeg the Jets back. They still own the Yotes, and will do everything in their power to keep them out of Winnipeg. I feel like True North is being used as leverage; I'm not sure of the actual legal issues involved in selling the club but I have a sneaking suspicion that the NHL will find a way to weasel out of True North getting the Jets if the Hulsizer deal falls through.

For all the people saying Hamilton... have you ever been there? Vile city; stayed there at a friend's place and it felt like the inner-city version of Trailer Park Boys. I live in nearby London, and its hard enough getting Knights fans (OHL) downtown to the arena to catch a game. There is no way an NHL team could work in this particular city due to all the constraints present (arena in horrible downtown location, no parking, incapable infrastructure). Too bad the prairies is pretty much a desolate wasteland; I'm sure there are a ton of hockey fans in Manitoba/Sask but I can't really see the Regina Rangers taking off.

Kitchener-Waterloo may work - two smaller mid-size cities right on a major transportation artery with a ton of space. The "Ottawa" Senators actually play in Kanata, with Scotiabank Place occupying a tract of land off the highway in buttfuck nowhere outside of the city. Likewise, having a team somewhere in SW Ont, preferably playing off the 401 would be marvelous. There is a ****-ton of the population clustered around that highway; guaranteed success. Yeah, it would dig into Buffalo/Toronto/Detroit, but a)Leafs fans are stupid to a fault and will always support the leafs, b) Detroit doesn't need any help with a fanbase and c) there's enough hockey fans and money in SW Ont to keep the Sabres and another team afloat.

Actually driving to Toronto, paying vastly inflated ticket prices thanks to MLSE to watch a mediocre team is keeping a ton of people away from Leaf's games. Considering the best go-to option for catching NHL is to cross the border and hit Detroit, putting another team in SW Ont is more viable than people think. There is actually a huge anti-Leafs/MLSE sentiment in the area - tons of local people identify with the Red Wings or Sabres. Consider you'd be drawing in fans from everywhere south of the GTA and north of Windsor - London, Hamilton, K/W alone could probably support a team.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's more fun going to see the Leafs in other teams arena's anyways. I usually go to Ottawa, easier to get tickets, and a fair bit cheaper. As far as Phoenix goes, there's little chance they move a Western Conference team to the east.
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
For what you get, Richards' contract is actually pretty decent. I could see a number of teams willing to clear up cap space to go after him.
Possibly, although at least some of the speculation I've heard seems pretty unrealistic. Teams aren't going to bury Gomez size contracts just so they can bid on Richards. I just can't think of more than 3-4 teams that have the money and cap space to realistically make a move. I guess we'll have to see what contract he gets though, should be gigantic either way unless he takes a pay cut.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
NYR, if you can afford to live in Brooklyn, you can afford to live in Canada, even Vancouver. I don't know how effective teachers' unions are in New York, but back when I was in high school in Burnaby (suburb of Vancouver) it seemed like they were going on strike and getting pay raises every few years. Yes, you won't get a McMansion and will probably live in a condo or far from the downtown core but you would be used to that, no?

The fresh air and the healthcare will make up for it.

We have a tiny place, pretty far from the city (40 minute train ride-though a ten minute walk to the express stop gets you in in about 20). We're in a SOLID neighborhood but in a speculative co-op. Because our co-op in only 30% owner/70% sponsor (rentals) the price was affordable for two civil servants (in fact, we have lots of cops, firemen and teachers living here because of it). Hardest thing for me would be leaving the food and the HUGE Italian American population here (for culinary reasons as well). Anyway...

Originally Posted by z7f9q
There's not that many teams with the money and cap space to make it happen though. NY has to be the front-runner, with a few other teams in position to make a good offer.

As a Canadian, I would see him choosing NY over TO. The media in TO would turn me off.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
As a Canadian, I would see him choosing NY over TO. The media in TO would turn me off.

Yeah, I agree. He's fairly private, and the day to day reality of being a star in Toronto doesn't seem like something that suits his temperament. Plus, he likes Tortorella.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Franzen's head.
frown.gif

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Thinking about buying season tickets for the Jets. Anyone know the approximate cost of mid-level seats? Keep in mind Winnipeg is a super cheap city. Reasonable to split a pair of 2 seats with 4 people?

Thing is, I don't know if I'll be coming back to Winnipeg since I applied to meds all over Canada. Kind of hoping I get rejected everywhere except Manitoba...

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Datsyuk is amazing.

EDIT: Franzen saying no to Babcock's question about a facemask was great.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet-ass goal by the Wings. They're rolling. The Franzen injury could be devastating though.

Quote of the day, regarding Chara's dehydration, from Mike Cammalleri:

"I'm no MD so I'm not going to try and diagnose the other team like Mark Recchi." Hahaha!

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on what I've seen so far the best teams in the West look miles ahead of the best of the Eastern Conference. Vancouver and Detroit both look awesome.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't believe Franzen is back. Thats either guts, or stupidity. If he gets hit in the head again, that could be his career...no way he didn't suffer a concussion.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Can't believe Franzen is back. Thats either guts, or stupidity. If he gets hit in the head again, that could be his career...no way he didn't suffer a concussion.

If he did have a concussion and the team let him back on the ice they'll have some questions to answer. That ****'s dangerous.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
one of the few times of the year when I wish I had a tv. Flyers/Sabres sounds like an awesome first period to watch.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FDGDFGFDG