• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced that if Indy gets the #1 pick, they will draft Luck even if Peyton is ready for week one 2012. There is still a lot of uncertainty about Peyton in terms of if he will recover, range/strength in that arm, and durability. I don't like thinking of Peyton as fragile but he is getting older and there is definitely an increased risk as a result of the spinal fusion surgery. It makes a lot of sense to carry not only a serviceable backup, but an actual replacement qb on the roster. Chris and Bill Polian know better than anyone that winning is dependant on elite quarterback play.

From everything I've read about Luck, he would embrace the opportunity to play behind Peyton and could handle that role better than most. There is absolutely zero chance that Irsay/Polian try to trade Peyton. He's much too involved in decision making/management to be dealt (and if he did get traded he would likely retire).

If Indy gets the #2 pick, I'm not sure what will happen. Assuming Luck is gone, they have a few options. Including taking that badass offensive lineman (i forget his name) which would move Costanzo to RT and Ilijana to guard. That could be a potentially dominant line for many years. Or they could trade back and take WR/DB/best available. Too many scenarios to name

I'm really curious to see how they work with the veteran FAs this offseason. Brackett, Wayne, Mathis, Garcon, Gonzo could all be gone or resigned. Brackett is def gone, Wayne will be brought back only for cheap, Garcon will likely be re-signed, Mathis should/probably will be re-signed, Gonzo is gone. And then the vets brought in this offseason with one/two year deals

And for ****'s sake, fix your cover-2 or ditch it. As it, it's a disaster.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The dolphins have not had a good qb since Marino for ***** sake. Yet they continue to pass on almost every qb who's been drafted in the last decade and blossomed into quality talent. And they can't sign Drew Brees or even Kyle ******* Orton. If they don't get a qb next year they should just contract the goddam team

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The dolphins have not had a good qb since Marino for ***** sake. Yet they continue to pass on almost every qb who's been drafted in the last decade and blossomed into quality talent. And they can't sign Drew Brees or even Kyle ******* Orton. If they don't get a qb next year they should just contract the goddam team

Passing on Brees for Culpepper was awesome for the Dolphins and the Saints.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Monday night Baltimore-Jacksonville game was a thing of beauty. Not only did Jacksonville cover and eliminate a large chunk of the remaining Survivor Pool players, but they genuinely out-played Baltimore. Usually when a big upset happens it's flukey, and a result of turnovers/missed opportunities/etc. This was simply a case of a(n underperforming) talented defense executing a perfectly designed gameplan and overwhelming an unprepared opponent. And Flacco sucks. Vegas gave the Jaguars a 22% chance of winning that game outright. Think back..did anyone give the Jaguars any chance of winning? Games like these remind us that we shouldn't make decisions with binary solution sets; it's more nuanced than that. They guard us from the dangers of complacent thinking and re-train our minds to focus on the non-obvious. That's the real payout in this exercise.

Anyway, last week didn't go well for my picks. Tebow was absolutely awful for 55mins but covered, TB didn't have a home game like I thought, Arian Foster looked better than anyone could have possibly imagined, Bradford didn't play, Carson was less prepared than I assumed, DMC got hurt, and Ponder was *much* better than expected (i still blame that on GB letting up in the 4th). So it goes

Last week: 5-6

Season: 42-26

Titans -9.5 vs Indy

St. Louis +14 vs NO

NYG -9.5 vs Miami

Ravens -12.5 vs Arizona

Houston -9.5 vs Jacksonville

Buffalo -5.5 vs Washington

Detroit -3 @ Denver

Seattle +2.5 vs Cinci

SF -8.5 vs Cleveland

Pittsburgh +3 vs NE

Dallas +3.5 @ Philadelphia

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The 49ers passed on Tom Brady AND Aaron Rodgers, both of whom grew up in Northern California and wanted to play for SF.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tell me more. Cinci's D has been solid and Seattle looked inept vs. Cleveland.

Cinci's D has been solid against Cleveland, Denver, SF, Buffalo, Jax, and Indy. So yea, I feel the perception of Cinci isn't accurate because they have had the easiest schedule in the league so far. And fwiw I expect them to stout again this week at Seattle. Seattle's has one of the best home field advantages in the NFL and it's effect should be even greater going against a young offense led by a rookie qb.

The Seahawks have been really competitive (last week was competitive in the sense that the score was close) the last four weeks against Cleveland, NYG, Atlanta, Arizona. Tavaris Jackson is more than serviceable and Whitehurst isn't as bad as he showed last week. Don't expect another dud offensively. It's expected to be a low scoring game (i think the o/u is the lowest out of all the games this week) so the -2.5 is a bigger deal than if the o/u was 50.

Somehow they score at least 18 and cover imo. Likely aided by turnovers from Dalton

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Vikings fire all secondary (except my man Antoine Winfield) and start with draftees. Please.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stephen_tulloch_sacks_tim_tebow_then_tebows_all_over_him.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ what am Iooking at? No one appears to be humping.

Btw, yahoo fantasy app sucks on the iPhone. Worked Much better on the old droid

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ what am Iooking at? No one appears to be humping.
Btw, yahoo fantasy app sucks on the iPhone. Worked Much better on the old droid

"Tebowing" has become the newest meme ala planking. It's basically getting down in the pray position at random moments, such as when you just sack Tim Tebow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads