• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie: Brand Hierarchy?

3ff3z8e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
its my money that i saved and i can spend however i like it

what gives you the right to call people wannabe? is indulging in latest fashion is only for the "noveau riche?" if so instead of putting a price they should add another requirement that you have to be genuine "noveau riche" then only you have the right to purchase their product?

from where i come from "wananbees" only purchase iphone,belts,entry level bags,sneakers that cost 500$-1000$

the thing that they thought can last forever and with obvious logo , they dont purchase ready to wear that cost 500$-700$ per piece that only to be worn once or twice that has to be filter out every seasons and yet no one will even notice or even know how much it worth so how is it pass of as being a "wannabe?" rich when people cant even tell nor see? this is in the country where people who take maximum 9 years loan to pay for stripped down "luxury cars" with no auto dimming light,no electric seat,no gps,no premium sound system, no auto folding mirror are seen as "wealthy" by the general population

sigh i feel sad seeing a 9-5 white collar slave who think he made it in life just because they are working in first world country

maybe all the time doing routine 9-5 job made them forget that they left the country because they failed to make it big back home
laugh.gif
(loser then still loser now)

dont forget you are the bottom of the capitalism pyramid, we rule you , we fool you , we shoot at you , we eat for you

remember even if am i begger i can buy all the Prada i want because its my money not yours and even if you have centurion card its not my problem it doesnt help me to pay for hermes saddle for me to sit on or armani casa for me to live in

Ouchies..... looks like I hit a raw nerve there.... there, there, no need to get so upset about this... do spend on what you want, i was merely expressing my opinion.... Cheerios..
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Maccimus
The thread is over.

Aye, should have been a while ago.....

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junior varsity
i know plenty of people with centurion cards (i got platinum sadly) and no way they dress in all gucci, fendi, prada...
the chinese saying hidden dragon crouching tiger is correct - people who actually got the means, dont need to show it.
but any how- stay classy, stay safe

i am not saying people who owns centurion card has to dress in those brands

my point is anyone can be in any dress they like if they really wants it and willing to save for it

but according to mr 3ffz8e , anyone who purchased the brand prada,gucci or LV are "noveau riche" wannabe which only limits to "middle class mediocrity"

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are Malaysians so insecure about their place in the world? Dude, it's OK - someone's got to make the $29 DVD players at Costco.

And what's with the Lampe Berger ****? Is that like MLM there?

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3ff3z8e
Ouchies..... looks like I hit a raw nerve there.... there, there, no need to get so upset about this... do spend on what you want, i was merely expressing my opinion.... Cheerios..
lol8[1].gif
Aye, should have been a while ago.....

not really i came across alot of people like you before who thinks prada,gucci,lv only sell things with logo and everyone who has them only owns one piece of them? (of course i dont deny such person exist normally people who thinks like you, i guess great mind think alike
laugh.gif
i know many of those people who has the same opinion because they are bitter , well its normal in your old country i guess moving to a "first world country" doesnt change your attitude one bit typical mentality of people back home when they see a nice "oh must be second hand(used car)" , rented , oh its cheap anyone can own it just need to take 9 years loan to buy it bla bla always has to say something negative when someone owns something. i guess its the typical ego thing i hope you are not one those people who took the government loan/scholarship who didt want to return back to the country to honor the contract
laugh.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont forget you are the bottom of the capitalism pyramid, we rule you , we fool you , we shoot at you , we eat for you

'We' being? Rich kids who are too useless to do anything but buy over-priced clothes with their parents money?

junior varsity

Reaction score
not really i came across alot of people like you before who thinks prada,gucci,lv only sell things with logo and everyone who has them only owns one piece of them? (of course i dont deny such person exist normally people who thinks like you, i guess great mind think alike
laugh.gif

i know many of those people who has the same opinion because they are bitter , well its normal in your old country i guess moving to a "first world country" doesnt change your attitude one bit

typical mentality of people back home when they see a nice "oh must be second hand(used car)" , rented , oh its cheap anyone can own it just need to take 9 years loan to buy it bla bla

always has to say something negative when someone owns something. i guess its the typical ego thing

i hope you are not one those people who took the government loan/scholarship who didt want to return back to the country to honor the contract
laugh.gif

yeah, LV, gucci, prada all make logo stuff, but they also make stuff without LV or GUCCI written all over it.
only vain people wear stuff with LV or the Gucci G print all over their clothes or handbags and that no way is class.
I'd never buy a shirt with logo prints to announce to the world that i am wearing that brand - that is just sad.
yes, a lot of people do that and they think its cool but people just think less of you because you arent being classy.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:Subscribing: it's been a while since last time we had an entertaining thread here.
lol8[1].gif

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

I think you're spot on, certainly my beef with those brands is that"everyone who has them only owns one piece of them" [sic]. I mean if everyone had lots of them, the quality would get better right?
bounce2.gif

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
I think you're spot on, certainly my beef with those brands is that"everyone who has them only owns one piece of them" [sic]. I mean if everyone had lots of them, the quality would get better right?
bounce2.gif

exactly. like my hermes belt strap they already worn out i replaced it with my other strap thats why Hermes are genius they separate the buckle and strap so when your strap worns out u dont have to replace the whole thing just a strap from Hermes would do. the more straps u have the less worry that you will run out of straps (it worns out even faster for thinner people as i have stressed the belt more to fit my waist) thats why the Hermes belt is timeless , durable and long lasting

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junior varsity
yeah, LV, gucci, prada all make logo stuff, but they also make stuff without LV or GUCCI written all over it.
only vain people wear stuff with LV or the Gucci G print all over their clothes or handbags and that no way is class.
I'd never buy a shirt with logo prints to announce to the world that i am wearing that brand - that is just sad.
yes, a lot of people do that and they think its cool but people just think less of you because you arent being classy.

?????????? Every item of clothing on your blog (yes, I looked) is festooned with logos
laugh.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats why Hermes are genius they separate the buckle and strap so when your strap worns out u dont have to replace the whole thing just a strap from Hermes would do.

Just like every single other half-decent belt-maker on the planet...

(it worns out even faster for thinner people as i have stressed the belt more to fit my waist)

What?

junior varsity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
?????????? Every item of clothing on HIS blog (yes, I looked) is festooned with logos
laugh.gif

facepalm.gif
FIXED

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads