• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

Reaction score
I was able to get some coupons and was considering picking these up...Is it necessary to size down with them? Because, well, the smallest they make is my size, 28

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by williamthegoat
I was able to get some coupons and was considering picking these up...Is it necessary to size down with them? Because, well, the smallest they make is my size, 28

I have a 29" waist and bought a 28. Still a little large in the waist. But tight in the thigh and calf area. Overall, a decent fit. Kop'd during the $20 off denim & free shipping since no local GAP is going to carry the selvedge version.
ffffuuuu.gif

n2pua

Reaction score
here is my issue/concern....

i purchased a skinny selvage 32/30 to test out. however, it fits nothing like my last year's straight, non-selvage 30/30 (which are my favorite pair).

strangely, i feel this new pair sits a little lower than my old one and yet the 32 is almost snug. not sure i can go to the 31/30 because the thigh and crotch are tight, plus i might just be able to take the waist in. also, after an hour of working around my place, i'm getting the faintest feeling of swampbutt.

keep or return em ?????

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi: gap stores are giving away 40% off coupons again for the month of october, i bought a couple of vnecks yesterday and they have me 4 coupons i can use each wednesday of october

DenimDan

Reaction score
Snagged a pair of 34/32 skinnys off ebay and l am in love with these jeans! Picked up a few more pairs to have in reserve. Sick jeans for the price.

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
just picked up a pair in the straight (more like slim) fit for $49 using the weekly 45% coupon at the mall, although they didn't have my actual waist size. i'm normally a 31x32 and these are a 30x32, they're pretty damn tight at the waist so I hope these stretch some in that area.... anyone care to comment on whether or not they stretch much? i literally looked through about 50 pages of this thread and only saw one or two mentions of stretch.

i figured i'd wear em around the house for a week to see if they become more comfortable before deciding whether or not to return them.

i did try a pair in my actual waist size (too short of length) and the seat was a bit too baggy, and looked liked i had rolls on ******. but they were definitely more comfortable in the lower leg.

I recently got a pair to using the sale and had to actually size up. The thigh area was too tight. I usually wear a 34 x 32 and got a 36 x 32 to accommodate . Right now my tailoring is hooking them up. Taper/Slight Hem. As for your question, i had a pair that lasted me about 2 years and in that time they stretched more than a inch

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got a pair of the new gap skinny cords in the mail, normally when gap calls something "skinny" it isnt really skinny by our standards...it usually fits more on the slim side but these are skinny i normally wear a size 31 in most stuff (jcrew, levis, gap, etc) and these are tight as hell, im going to exchange for a size up or two
gp772224-01p01v01.jpg

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Gap selvedge jeans I bought couple years ago have stretched out a lot and are too baggy now. Length is fine though. IF I put them in the dryer will they shrink to a good fit with the length not decreasing much?

300zx1985

Reaction score
I wouldnt ever put wet denim in the dryer.. you can try a hot soak for around an hour to shrink them some.. keep in mind they will eventually stretch back out with wear. pull the inseams to keep them from shortening if your concerned about it.

If you dont care much about the jeans (old gap denim who gives a fuk) you can try putting them in the dryer damp, i shrunk a very loose pair of sz33 grim tims to a sz31 or so at the waist, my dryer turned bleu

epilepc

Reaction score
Keep or not? Skinny GAP in 28x32 tts, but it's way too tight in the thighs. HIPS. Should I size up or try some authentics? I'm not liking the low rise on the skinnies, but I'm afraid authentics will be too baggy. And their smallest waist size is 28. Worst comes to worst i'll go straight. gay thanks guys
smile.gif
. ignore shirt or w/e
img0229o.jpg
img0230n.jpg
img0231l.jpg
parents' room yellow light flower sheets fit pic

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epilepc
nice florals
laugh.gif
and suuure its your parents room, lol. have you tried straight fit? its a slim-straight fit, more on the side of slim.... between the skinny and authentic fits. the fit on those looks ok... not really diggin the ginormous cuff though. in my experience going tts resulted in a huge awkward roll of fabric in the seat. i had to size down one in fact, and i think this is the norm per most of the reviews on their webstore.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epilepc
Keep or not? Skinny GAP in 28x32 tts, but it's way too tight in the thighs. HIPS. Should I size up or try some authentics? I'm not liking the low rise on the skinnies, but I'm afraid authentics will be too baggy. And their smallest waist size is 28. Worst comes to worst i'll go straight. gay

thanks guys
smile.gif
. ignore shirt or w/e

img0229o.jpg
img0230n.jpg
img0231l.jpg

For what it's worth, mine fit like that at first and then stretched out quite a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads