• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new designer in menswear doing research (*US patented dress shirt collars*)

rherreid

Reaction score
Seeing this back on the front page I don't understand why the Belttie didn't get more recognition. Funniest thing I've seen since Bergdorf Goodwill's "post your favorite bands so I can mock you" thread.

I sure would love to see a picture of a real life Belttie...

thepataphysician

Reaction score
i'm not sure if they are new on glennie's site or I just missed them the first time around but... Bevel jeans. Amazing

"I believe the hottest trend and fashion future style for women will be shaped cuffs at the heel . The shaped cuff will show off those beautiful high heel shoes and boots that have been covered by 50 plus years of traditional womenswear. Ladies lets show off those heels and lengthen your legs with the next revolution of jeans and pants."

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think he must be hoping someone will "steal" one of his designs and he can sue and get rich. That's the only plausible explanation I can find.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I think he must be hoping someone will "steal" one of his designs and he can sue and get rich. That's the only plausible explanation I can find.

I think he's got his sights set on Karl Lagerfeld... deep pockets, elderly with no heirs, wears oddly-styled collars... forget $54 mil dresspants, I think Dame Karla is good for at least $100mil...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
i'm not sure if they are new on glennie's site or I just missed them the first time around but... Bevel jeans. Amazing

"I believe the hottest trend and fashion future style for women will be shaped cuffs at the heel . The shaped cuff will show off those beautiful high heel shoes and boots that have been covered by 50 plus years of traditional womenswear. Ladies lets show off those heels and lengthen your legs with the next revolution of jeans and pants."

600_ties_2007_089.jpg

thepataphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
He managed to patent that????? This comes from the Victoria and Albert Museum:

cossacktrowsers1820sjw5.jpg

Maybe he should sue the V&A Museum for breach of his patent.

Im not sure if he patented the stupid pants ideas but, at least one of his stupid patented shirt collars (design #4) is ripped off from Goodfellas. Marty Scorsese and Joe Pesci should sue Glennie for infringement.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Good Morning Rach2. Unfortunately, the only thing todays designers have to sell is their image and logo. There is little variety in todays clothing and if it wasnt for the pretty logo , catchy phrase, or label on the collar you would never know what you are wearing. I am truly a fashion designer who doesnt need a fancy logo or label. My designs speak for themselves and eric glennie designs is selling innovation, not imitation.

wow.gif

Someone needs to go back to school and learn what "details" are all about.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
Marty Scorsese and Joe Pesci should sue Glennie for infringement.
I don't know if Pesci would sue. Slam his head in a door a few dozen times or shoot him and leave him in a car trunk to die, maybe.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I don't know if Pesci would sue. Slam his head in a door a few dozen times or shoot him and leave him in a car trunk to die, maybe.

RJman, surely you remember that Pesci's preferred mode of retaliation is to close the offender's head in a vice. Of course, that's usually followed by shooting him and leaving him in a car trunk to die.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by acidicboy
wow.gif

Someone needs to go back to school and learn what "details" are all about.

I think that would help immensely. Part of me wonders if EG just spent time in Mens Wearhouse and Dillard's one afternoon and thought that was the extent of variation in menswear.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

eric glennie

Reaction score
any recommendations on a fashion forum for the ladies to get their response on my blue jeans and pants. thanks EG.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want your eyes scratched out you could try the Powder Room of the Fedora Lounge. They are into vintage in a big way. As for the other general members, they are even more vintage inclined than SF or AAAC.

You really do want to be punished in a big way don't you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads