• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need an input on this

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently I have a job, I am happy with my job. It's fun and it's easy. I like my boss, my boss likes me, my coworkers some of the funniest people on earth.

I have going to this job fair that my college is hosting on Wednesday. I will be going just to explore my options. I'm not really in need of a job, but I do want to explore the possibilities, maybe there are better pay out there, I don't know. Just simply to look around. Just like the companies at the job fair, they're there to pick the best, well I'm there to pick the best. So I'm coming from a different position as oppose to the majority of the applicants.

So my concern is: I'm going to work tomorrow, should i mention this to my boss? Does he need to know about this? Would it be dishonest if I don't tell him? I'm not sure whether if it's wise to include the place I work at on my resume,and all of sudden the guys call my work and ask for reference and my boss will be confused. I respect my boss, I don't want him to feel like I'm leaving him. I've been working for him for almost 2 years, he has been very fair with me with flexible hours while I'm going to college full time. He just recently gave me a raise.

I'd like to hear what some of you may have to say about this situation. Thanks guys.

AChekhovGun

Reaction score
This is a troll, right? If you tell your boss you're going to a career fair, you will be looking for a new job by the end of the week.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

Unfortunately sir this is not a troll. It may be a very stupid question but I promise it is unintentional. I am very close within the situation and I've lost my common sense and my common ability to judge, that's why I'm here asking for a slap on the face.

I thank you very much sir.

Big T

Reaction score
As an employer and if you worked for me, I would not immediately discharge you, but you would never be considered for any position other than the one you were hired for. The first chance I wold have to replace you, you would be gone.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lie

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics