• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hockey League 2013-2014

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Jarude - I wish TSN was still in the mix as I do like a lot of their people especially Duthie, Ward, Ferraro and of course McKenzie.

Sportsnet has some good people too but overall the TSN product is better I agree.

4 year countdown to the end of hockey on CBC? Possibly - their production has not kept pace and is somewhat embarrasingly bad at times, with all their improvements basically stolen ideas from the other two.

Friedman and maybe PJ Stock are the only two guys worth keeping...Mclean and Cherry will gracefully retire as I see it unfold.

But big money though...per capita it is bigger than what the NFL gets from its US rights.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bryzgalov posts a shutout in his debut for the Oilers, his first NHL game in 7 months.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
apparently an alarming people associated with Cornell Hockey had hard times staying on their skates tonight. Two Cornell players totally wiped out in tonight's game at MSG (one resulted in a goal against), and then Scrivens for LA on that first goal for Calgary.

eek.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the rumor is the Rangers wanted a 4-5 year deal, but Hank wanted the security of long term. He wins out.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
apparently this B's and Pens game was a bit of a doozy.

i don't like either team, and I think Marchand is a little *************, but based on a poor quality video replay feed, James Neal is a complete and total *************. 5+ games?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank god I didn't wake up at 4am for that Flyers game. They really need to start trading for faster players. It always looks like they are in slow motion. And don't get me started on 'Fraud' Giroux, the most overrated player in the league. I will lose my **** if he makes it on the Canadian Olympic team, he doesn't even backcheck anymore.

I hate the Pens more than the B's and I hope Neal gets at least 5 games. He is a sneaky dirty piece-of-**** player.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
It is a telephone hearing for Neal meaning the max he can get is 3 games if I am not mistaken. Idiotic move on his part and I agree it deserves a lot more and I hate Marchand but that totally crossed the line.

Then we have Thornton who is pounding a non willing player while his head is on the ice. As bad or worse than Bertuzzi-Moore.

If the league really gives a **** Thornton is gone 40+ and I really mean that. Regardless of your opinion on the Orpik hit or his unwillingness to fight, Thorton's actions were up there with the ugliest the league has seen.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
5 is the most via phone hearing, and indeed Neal was given all 5 games. The more I see the replay, the more I was figuring 7-8 games.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 is a joke. I dont have any horse in this race but this is exactly why discipline is such a joke in the league.

Neal went right out of his way to knee an unsuspecting player in the head. How that only gets 5 is beyond me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics