• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

TooAwesome

Reaction score
not really feeling the NF chinos because the details arent really in the traditional sense (side/rear pockets). looks just like a pair of chino jeans.

jay do you know why some NF pants have a double chain stitch at the bottom of the waist band whilst others have only 1?

James007

Reaction score
My WeirdGuys flare out too much below the knee. Is it possible to get a pair of jeans tapered below the knee to cut out some flare? Has anyone done this with N&F jeans?
Yes it is. I had my N&F WGs Indigo tapered from the knee down and they are great now. Make sure you find someone good to do it though.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What kind of shrinkage (waist and inseam) can I expect on the 13oz Chinos? My true waist size is a 33, so I should probably go with a 31, correct?

It is a sanforized fabric. Wash in warm and air dry and you will not see much shrinkage. They can stretch about .5"-1" in the waist line with significant wear. I would go 31 and consider going 30 if you plan to wear more than a couple times per week.

not really feeling the NF chinos because the details arent really in the traditional sense (side/rear pockets).  looks just like a pair of chino jeans.

jay do you know why some NF pants have a double chain stitch at the bottom of the waist band whilst others have only 1?

Well, these are called chinos but they are more of a denim really. If you felt the fabric, you might fall in love with them.

As for the double stitching, that is a question for Brandon. It could be based on fabric weight or maybe as simple as the machine not being available to do every denim.

DCinza13

Reaction score
There's just not enough friction between a shirt and the denim to get transfer, even with a tucked in shirt. I have had minimal "flakes" on a shirt I tucked in to my Slim Guys but not any real transfer. Now shoes are another story.

Also, my size 28 NFxBig Johns are gonna have to be put up for sale. Wore them out a couple of nights ago before a friend told me she could clearly see my piece when I walked. Experiment with sizing down in Weird Guy officially over, wish I hadn't hemmed them now.
What state are they in and how much? I have them in 30 and they are too large. They were my first pair of NF and I sized wrong, plus they are a retro fit to boot. Mine have very little fading because of the size. 28 is perfect, I wear all weird guy in that size.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
What is the sizing like on the N&F x Oni denim? Do I size down one or two like I normally would with the Weird Guy fit?

I've never had a pair of unsanforized raw denim before, so I'm unsure about this.

Artking3

Reaction score

What is the sizing like on the N&F x Oni denim? Do I size down one or two like I normally would with the Weird Guy fit?
I've never had a pair of unsanforized raw denim before, so I'm unsure about this.

The WG Oni fit really strange for me. I sized up 1, and the waist was fine, but the rise was way too low.

I got a WG Big John which fit great, but I sized down 1. I don't have a normal pair of WG to compare.

sehnsimilla

Reaction score
With the oni's I would go up 1 from your regular WG size to account for shrinkage and the different upper block fit. The rise is decently lower than with regular wg's and it is unsanforized.

Ecco

Reaction score
Park and Bond has N&F shirts and 2 pairs of WGs on sale. Native shirts for 56 plus tax and shipping.

wesos

Reaction score
FYI - Those wondering about sizing for the Selvedge Duck Weird Guys (and probably Skinny Guys to a certain extent)

I wear a 29 in the Solid Black WG 14oz. They are pretty tight across the top block, but I have skinny thighs so there is no trouble elsewhere.

Just got my Ducks WG 10oz size 29 and they are a lot looser. The material is lighter and less rigid so that would definitely contribute to how tight/restrictive they feel. The point is, I could probably have gone down to a 28 if i wanted that hugging fit.

Lastly, the Ducks may stretch. My Solid Blacks have not really stretched at all after 20 or so wears.

Over and out.

DCinza13

Reaction score
Cool, I'm interested in see how others are fading. I did 1 quick soak too. Lost about 1/2 inch in length. More than I thought would happen.
Ah I guess I need an account with rawr to post post pics. I see you are the only one to post, I was hoping more people in the contest would post some shots.

Last edited:

mister56

Reaction score
Quote: Yeah you need to sign up, but that's not a big deal. My goal was is to create a space for people to post and compare fading characteristics. I think would be a good space to do it instead of flooding this forum with our Redcore photos. If anybody is else is interested here is the link: http://www.rawrdenim.com/forum/showthread.php?535-Naked-And-Famous-Redcore-Contest-Denim.

Please don't make me beg for your participation.

I'll be posting some really interesting photos later today if I can get my lazy a§ to get the camera gear out and set up.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my SG Elephant 2 that I got from Jay (Blueowl) to work the other day, and the first thing one of my coworkers said when she saw me was how good my outfit looked. I don't usually receive comments like that when I wear jeans, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads