• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

First he outed SG for using polyester, now he's outing NSM for using fusible. Carl, if you keep this up, you're gonna need full-time security detail.

it was just under the fold of the side seams.
and there was not a lot of it. just a little dab.
i was just surprised when i found it.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Read the thread. Glue is used at other spots too.

my second job in NYC was in a large clothing factory in Brooklyn. i saw a fusing machine, but i never saw a glue gun or a pot of glue.

I just don't like how those inside seams are finished. another tailor who is not mentioned on this forum, looked at the garment
and could not figure out was going on as well.
and he has been a tailor for over 50 years.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Read the thread. Glue is used at other spots too.

What? I think you are referring to the goo some tailors use in the process of cutting/stitching the buttonhole. I don't think it has anything to do with functional construction.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What? I think you are referring to the goo some tailors use in the process of cutting/stitching the buttonhole. I don't think it has anything to do with functional construction.

It was holding a side seam down to the body of the jacket.
why? because there is so much fabric folded in those outlets.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Did they at least have the decency to use Neapolitan glue?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

my second job in NYC was in a large clothing factory in Brooklyn. i saw a fusing machine, but i never saw a glue gun or a pot of glue.

I just don't like how those inside seams are finished. another tailor who is not mentioned on this forum, looked at the garment
and could not figure out was going on as well.
and he has been a tailor for over 50 years.

What do you think is going on? Did they invent stuff? i assume they use tailors they got from other shops in Naples, rather than train their own. I doubt Mina or Dino are coming up with ideas on how to construct stuff. Seriously . . . I wonder where the techniques are coming from. At some point, JeffreyD will do a dissection of a Solito and we will know some more. I wonder if anyone will donate a LH coat, but really, I would like to see the more obscure Italian makers. Basically, the regional guys no one has heard of. I wonder if there is a riot of tailoring vernaculars waiting to be discovered.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:
Given all the negative stuff posted on NSM lately, I'd like to quote an older post of mine from 18 months ago. Has nothing to do with the shoulder, but perhaps helps put NSM's quality and value proposition in perspective.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At some point, JeffreyD will do a dissection of a Solito and we will know some more. I wonder if anyone will donate a LH coat, but really, I would like to see the more obscure Italian makers.

Is it a donation or a loan? (As in I imagine he puts these things back together after he sees what's under the hood.)

I don't really like mine so could pretty easily live without it for a few months if someone knows how to reach him.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batikslot