• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Deployants (watch strap) comparative review.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a couple from ebay, one from www.thewatchboys.com and one from Bob at www.mywatchmaker.net (RHD deployant). The ebay ones came with straps for about $25 all in, and were worthless....in a nutshell. The watch boys deployant looks ok, but it pinched my wrist, was tough to close, built quality was poor and overall very uncomfortable to wear. I called Bob and explained how I hated my deployants, so he offered to send me a deployant...I could use it and once I was happy, send him payment...or just send the deployant back!!! THATS awesome customer service. The my watchmaker deployant was at par with JLC/IWC deployant in terms of finish and construction. Its night and day difference its so comfortable on my wrist. It doesnt accidently open either. I wish I have not wasted my money on the others. I have a custom strap for my IWC Ingy and my watchmaker deployant makes it more comfortable and better looking than the bracelet that the IWC came with. That says a lot since the IWC bracelet is pretty awesome. Regards.

tsherry

Reaction score
Thanks for that review, Shikar. I have been looking for a good deployant for some time. I have a 1940 Longines tank style watch with my Dad's initials that he received as a graduation gift. I put an alligator strap on it, but have wanted a deployant. These look great. I'll have to check the size of the watch when I get home. Watches were pretty small in those days.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting a rugged sports watch like the Ingenieur on a strap with deployant buckle seems very odd to me. What's wrong with a good old tongue buckle?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsherry
Thanks for that review, Shikar.

You are welcome tsherry. Kindly let us know how your like your deployant once it comes in.

Originally Posted by gdl203
Putting a rugged sports watch like the Ingenieur on a strap with deployant buckle seems very odd to me. What's wrong with a good old tongue buckle?

Ahh gdl, but since when are rules like that supposed to be followed?
laugh.gif
I enjoy the act of opening and closing a nice deployant more than a tang buckle. The larger deployants 20+mm are chunkier than their more dainty 16/18mm brethern and *suit* sports watches fine. The leather strap with deployant makes the Ingy chrono an all around watch now, from jeans to suits, much more so than with bracelet. IMO.

Regards.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the review, I've noticed that the watch boys stuff is a little underwhelming.

Sounds like My watch maker is really putting out a nice product.

The only other thing I wish i could find online would be croc straps made with really fantastic cuts of croc. I have an alligator strap and I think that they used an area where the scales are a bit too large.

unaware

Reaction score
Just ordered a RHD deployant Monday after reading the recommendations on various watch forums.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After one year of using RHD on my Panerai (rubber) and IWC (Leather) strap......still a pleasure to use, no mishaps and works like a charm each and every time. I enjoy RHD more than my JLC or Patek deployants.

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member