• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorola Droid with Google Navigation

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, this is sweet:
droid_more02.jpg
droid_hands12.jpg
Link with hands on video
google-nav-hands01.jpg
Link with hands on video Anybody getting one?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
garmin and tomtom stocks are tanking badly. google is up.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about this is that it has to pull down the maps over your data connection.

I wonder if they are planning on releasing it for other platforms in addition to Android. I would think yes as Google makes money from ads rather than selling software. Let's see if Apple will approve it. Their relationship with Google started off great but has kind of been falling apart lately. Having this free app available for iPhones will cut into the 30% they take from app sales. For things like the $100 TomTom GPS, that's $30 right there.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Only thing I don't like about this is that it has to pull down the maps over your data connection.
You mean as opposed to WiFi? I think it has to do with the Verizon exclusivity more than anything else.
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I wonder if they are planning on releasing it for other platforms in addition to Android. I would think yes as Google makes money from ads rather than selling software. Let's see if Apple will approve it. Their relationship with Google started off great but has kind of been falling apart lately. Having this free app available for iPhones will cut into the 30% they take from app sales. For things like the $100 TomTom GPS, that's $30 right there.
I seriously doubt it as they're making money with Tom Tom, Navteq, and AT&T. Plus, its Verizon only for the time being and the Apple board situation makes it even less likely.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You mean as opposed to WiFi? I think it has to do with the Verizon exclusivity more than anything else.

No. I mean as opposed to having the maps available offline as with a regular GPS. 3G isn't available everywhere or there might be a rare outage (seems to happen often enough from reading Giz and Engadget).

It might not be a huge issue but I just think it would be a bit better/faster to not have to pull down the maps via data/wifi.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
If I did not own the superior iphone 3GS, I would actually care about this phone.
I'm surprised a certain whack job isn't in this thread hating on the iphone already - but lucky for you, since google maps is on the iphone, this should be added on there too.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When are you guys going to figure out that the easiest way to avoid hearing my opinion on Apple is to simply not reference me in posts about it? I can hear you talking about me.

And this is not a thread about the inferior iPhone 3GS. Lets keep it that way.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
When are you guys going to figure out that the easiest way to avoid hearing my opinion on Apple is to simply not reference me in posts about it? I can hear you talking about me. And this is not a thread about the inferior iPhone 3GS. Lets keep it that way.
Indeed, no more of:
fight[1].gif
Regarding the Moto, it looks like a very cool phone and will hopefully help them because after the Razr they just tanked.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HTC Leo/HD2 is still going to be the phone for me. Hopefully it comes to AT&T.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads