• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

dave

Reaction score

I get hit hard enough in my neck by just big bugs and small rocks that I can't imagine taking a stone to the lip or chin.

you haven't lived until you've been on the receiving end of some asshole throwing a cigarette butt out the window. i'm the lucky type, so the one time it happened to me, i took the lit end in the cheek. that'll wake you up.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is nothing quite like a bee going up your sleeve and stinging the **** out of you while your trying to pull over.:censored:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse my pubey looking beard, but here are some pictures of the ronin for any of those who were curious. I'm still a little iffy on the fit with my shoulders, but it seems to be ok everywhere else.

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excuse my pub looking beard, but here are some pictures of the ronin for any of those who were curious. I'm still a little iffy on the fit with my shoulders, but it seems to be ok everywhere else.

Nice. What size did you end up getting? I tried that one on in a size Medium and it was pretty snug.

Did you get the RS armor inserts as well?

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/spoiler]
Nice. What size did you end up getting? I tried that one on in a size Medium and it was pretty snug.
Did you get the RS armor inserts as well?

I'm 6'1 and 185 lbs and I went with the large. I've been cursed with small shoulders, so it makes getting a good fit a little difficult, but I'm pretty happy with it. I just wore it on a 160 mile ride back up to my university and it felt great. It has these zippers on the sleeves that let you open them and it helps vent a lot in the heat and it's vented a bit under the arms, so I didn't have any trouble with the 97 degree heat.

I didn't get the armor inserts yet, but I'm planning on buying them in a few months.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe get the shoulder armor for now. That should make the shoulders less roomy. Ronin has extra space around where the armor inserts go.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do most of you ride sport bikes or cruisers?

No cruisers for me.

Beyond that, different tools for different jobs. I have a 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon, a 1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 and a 1994 Ducati 900SS project.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most of you ride sport bikes or cruisers?

I think most of us ride standards/cruisers.

Is there a huge difference in terms of gear used for the different styles of riding?

*edited before people take the post the wrong way

Last edited:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't judge anyone based on what they ride and give credit to anyone who is out there on two wheels. I've always been a fan of cruisers and just like the style better, but it's all subjective. If people have more fun leaning forward and doing the twisties, then more power to them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads