• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:redx:
Is it just me?
Uh oh--they show up fine for me, but maybe I added them in a way that only works for me (drag/drop from my Google Photos files).

Let me know if they don't work for other people and I will re-post. Sorry!

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap. I can still see them just fine. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can edit my old post anymore--what's the deadline for that? Sorry, fellas.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick repost--let me know if this one works better.

FB_IMG_1646579270077.jpg

FB_IMG_1646579359188.jpg
FB_IMG_1646579440204.jpg
FB_IMG_1646579563799.jpg
FB_IMG_1646579581900.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the BMW I bought three months ago? I have still not received a title from the dealer, and on second set of temporary tags. I am struggling to figure out what their game is. Was told (3 weeks ago) that "Covid, blah blah" but was being taken care of. Called DMV yesterday and still no record of anything related to that bike in the system. This is a dealer that's been open for decades too. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the BMW I bought three months ago? I have still not received a title from the dealer, and on second set of temporary tags. I am struggling to figure out what their game is. Was told (3 weeks ago) that "Covid, blah blah" but was being taken care of. Called DMV yesterday and still no record of anything related to that bike in the system. This is a dealer that's been open for decades too. Anyone ever experience anything like this?
That seems super weird to me. We picked up my wife's bike from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Her permanent plates showed up about a week later. This is unusually fast, in my experience, but I can't imagine a three-month wait for generic plates.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That seems super weird to me. We picked up my wife's bike from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Her permanent plates showed up about a week later. This is unusually fast, in my experience, but I can't imagine a three-month wait for generic plates.

And title. Dealer phone is disconnected (this was a BMW dealer too, not "Stan's Buy Here/Pay Here"). No responses to e-mails. Will need to file for a "bonded title" and show proof of purchase, but I still don't know if that means that if dealer never paid BMW for the bike, legally wasn't theirs to sell, so my only recourse is to the now defunct dealer..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yikes. That sounds horrible. Best of luck with tracking down what's up.

yeah, not at all what I would have expected from a dealer. Four calls in to BMW, various departments, none of whom were helpful. Calling Harris County tax office tomorrow to see what my options are..

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a new helmet. I went with a Shoei RF 1400. I already have a Klim Krios for the ADV stuff, so I thought I would try something a little more road-oriented and aerodynamic.

Of course, as soon as I got it home I had to tear the whole thing apart to install the Sena headset mount. Fortunately I can swap the actual unit (50S) between the mounts on my two helmets.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just picked up a new helmet. I went with a Shoei RF 1400. I already have a Klim Krios for the ADV stuff, so I thought I would try something a little more road-oriented and aerodynamic.

Of course, as soon as I got it home I had to tear the whole thing apart to install the Sena headset mount. Fortunately I can swap the actual unit (50S) between the mounts on my two helmets.

We got new modular helmets last year. Went with a Bell, that can be turned into a 3/4 helmet when desired. Has removable jaw piece, visor. Was looking at some Biltwell Gringo helmets the other day here at a shop in Houston. Offer full face protection without the claustrophobia I tend to feel with most full face, and main reason I have never been able to wear one. Might give them a whirl.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got new modular helmets last year. Went with a Bell, that can be turned into a 3/4 helmet when desired. Has removable jaw piece, visor. Was looking at some Biltwell Gringo helmets the other day here at a shop in Houston. Offer full face protection without the claustrophobia I tend to feel with most full face, and main reason I have never been able to wear one. Might give them a whirl.
I think modular helmets are cool and I love the idea of how easy they are to put on/take off, but I can't get away from the statistic they posted in my motorcycle training class that something like 60 percent of head impacts in a crash are to the face and (especially) jaw. So for me, at least, it's always going to be full-face helmets.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I think modular helmets are cool and I love the idea of how easy they are to put on/take off, but I can't get away from the statistic they posted in my motorcycle training class that something like 60 percent of head impacts in a crash are to the face and (especially) jaw. So for me, at least, it's always going to be full-face helmets.

Yeah, full-face helmets only for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads