• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a super popular segment. I'm not a fan of the full-size (1200+) ADV bikes but the midsize bikes (I have an F800GS) appeal to me and the kind of riding I like/try to do.

brokencycle

Reaction score
It's a super popular segment. I'm not a fan of the full-size (1200+) ADV bikes but the midsize bikes (I have an F800GS) appeal to me and the kind of riding I like/try to do.

I don't get it because I don't like adventures. I've basically stopped riding with them because it basically turns into an excuse for them to sit at a coffee shop and smoke, and I don't need to get up early on a Sunday morning to do that.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rode it home yesterday afternoon (well, I took the long way home) and man, I am loving this bike so much. The dry clutch took a little getting used to, and not sure why they didn't put a gear indicator on here, since for some reason, I find it easier to just know what gear I'm in on a Harley or Triumph, but again, I am sure that will come with muscle memory. I'm almost wanting to postpone my Christmas drive to Tennessee just so I can ride this thing some more, but my wife would probably change her mind about coming along if I leave it too long lol.. Kind of sucks in stop and go (I had to take Gulf FWY back to town in rush hour, which sucked ass) but an absolute dream on wide open roads.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couple more pics..

b2.jpg
b1.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been in the 80s all week, so managing to get this out for at least a daily spin.. planning some longer rides over weekends, but for now, it’s potholes, legally blind left turners, and let me fumble with waze while I veer over top of you..

8C2CFA25-635D-4970-8C6E-431D2ECEBC20.jpeg

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with two friends to do some riding on some local dirt roads in preparation for my Death Valley ride over the President's Day weekend. Both of them were on Honda CRF250Ls and I was on my F800GS. They ran circles around me on the dirt road (very wet, very muddy, several shallow water crossings) but I managed to keep up with them (sort of) and didn't dump the bike or have any other problems. It was a great ride for my self-confidence and I am glad I'm starting to feel like I know how the bike handles off-road. I still have lots of learning to do but I feel like I turned a corner (heh) on my progress today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads