• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycle crash (in stop motion)

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
This is the "Tail of the Dragon", a famous motorcycling road in Georgia, and there's a guy who sits there all the time taking pictures of riders. I can't remember his name, but if you look him up you'll find the site. I think he sells the pics to the riders as souvenirs or something, as it's kind of a destination for motorcyclists.

I thought Tail of the Dragon is in NC?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
the occurrences of these kinds of accidents in remote areas like the windy mountain road above is what scares me.

let say, my wife or mom is driving that road, a motorbike slams into her side like that above, and the friend (up ahead) is the only accomplice witness.

who's to say they cannot victimize my mom or wife in a false claim that it was her fault? so lucky there was a camera here.
but i cant imagine how these kind of things may not occur more and people getting away with maliciousness.

i dont know just venting since that video made me think.

The owner of the company I work for is an expert witness for cases such as these. I haven't spoken with him much about his cases as what I do is different than what he does, but he can go to the scene and look at tread marks and other things and recreate the scene of the crime to figure out what speeds both cars were going, their driving path, how they collided, etc... to determine who was at fault.

Reborn

Reaction score
Both the .gif and video seem like classic panic and target fixation to me. I'm going to run out of lean before I ever cross the double yellow standing straight up like that.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reborn
Both the .gif and video seem like classic panic and target fixation to me.

The last thing I saw was the tree! You go where you look.

--Andre

emptym

Reaction score
Both the .gif and video seem like classic panic and target fixation to me. I'm going to run out of lean before I ever cross the double yellow standing straight up like that.
Well said. Although, in my case, I just go really slowly on curves. I credit my continued living to sissy stripes, or my own personal sissiness.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
The owner of the company I work for is an expert witness for cases such as these. I haven't spoken with him much about his cases as what I do is different than what he does, but he can go to the scene and look at tread marks and other things and recreate the scene of the crime to figure out what speeds both cars were going, their driving path, how they collided, etc... to determine who was at fault.

The catch is, both sides will hire expert acciddent reconstructions, who will both have a slightly different version of how the accident happened.

The best solution to not having to worry about a problem like this is buying enough insurance.

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Well said. Although, in my case, I just go really slowly on curves. I credit my continued living to sissy stripes, or my own personal sissiness.

I didn't really get that attitude until I started riding on tracks with guardrails on the outside of turns. You learn fast that giving up halfway through a corner isn't an option. Track riding in the North East is ******* brutal
lol8[1].gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1fukkingmillion11!!!!1!!!!1!

I heard an interesting statement in my first time through the MSF course (10 years ago?).

The instructor said exactly what you said. If you ever start to get in trouble in a curve just keep pushing / leaning. People on the street don't realize how far you can push the limits of a motorcycle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads