• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most overrated movie/actor.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulp Fiction is overrated. Not a single character worth caring about. You need to be rooting for SOMEBODY.

It's easier but not always better to have someone you root for, it's not a movie that touches that much on emotional level. I rooted for the boxer. To me that movie is as good as movies get, i'd rate it 10.

Last edited:

alexvlad

Reaction score
For me the most overrated film for 2013 was 47 Ronins with Keanu Reeves, I really like Keanu but the movie was very badly directed in my opinion.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morgan Freeman

Every Christopher Nolan movie.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually do like Mememto and Insomnia. Decent movies. Not a fan of the rest of his work.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know Nolan made them, I have to watch Memento again. I watched it without subtitles when I didn't know English too well
shog[1].gif

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me the most overrated film for 2013 was 47 Ronins with Keanu Reeves, I really like Keanu but the movie was very badly directed in my opinion.

Who was this overrated by? I don't think I know anyone who even saw it and critics didn't think highly of it.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CITIZEN KANE

Movie lacked a strong and ending but in the end showed a demise of a man. It was rather grim but it caught my interest. To me it was a great movie, maybe not the best i saw but in that second or third best tier so I wouldn't call it overrated- even compared to the movies of today. Liked it more than 12 angry man or some crap that Hitchcock made(Vertigo, N/NW)

Last edited:

MRWOLF

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad movie at all. Wouldn't not watch it again however.

It wasn't a bad movie at all. Would not watch it again however.

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Movie watching ... you're not doing it right.

lefty

While 12 angry men was a good movie(not as good as Citizen Kane though in my opinion), so let's leave that out.

Vertigo and North by North West were average movies. N/NW was at least somehow entertaining and it was executed good, cool flick not a masterpiece. Birds were ok/good. Vertigo was just plain average and has no business being in for example imdb top 250 is just as overrated as Dark knight Rises. Compare it with other slow paced movies like I don't know The Shining/Rosemary's Baby/Shutter Island/9th gate/Sunset Blvd and then tell me Vertigo isn't crap in comparison. Rear window was really good, and Psycho was too until very lame ending. So overall Hitchock is overrated to me(often said to be the GOAT, I don't think he is even close though).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads