• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most desirable 4-door in the next 5 years...

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
+1

always the M5
rimshot.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Estoque is the butt in butt-ugly.

For me, I'd get a black BMW E38 short-wheelbase 7, stick the S70 V12 , E39 M5 V8, or a Chevy LS6 in it along with a manual transmission, coilovers, LSD, big brakes, BBS wheels, and call it a day.

If I had to buy off the lot, probably an Audi S8, the fugtastic Porsche Panamera, or the E90 M3 for a smaller car.

--Andre

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
always the M5
rimshot.gif

The M5 is soooo ugly. Not to knock its performance, but the styling is atrocious. Looks like Audi stole the styling of the Estoque(minus the front end) and put in on its concept cars.
112_0901_01l+audi_sportback_concept+front_three_quarter.jpg

Galen_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by princemarko
Looks like Audi stole the styling of the Estoque(minus the front end) and put in on its concept cars.

They own the Estoque. It was probably the same (drunk) designer.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would take the time machine for an E39 all day over these mostrosities

DTSLC08web8.jpg

bigbjorn

Reaction score
The most desirable 4-door in the next 5 years will be the same ones as in the last 15 years:
W124 Mercedes-Benz E500
E39 BMW M5

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbjorn
The most desirable 4-door in the next 5 years will be the same ones as in the last 15 years:
W124 Mercedes-Benz E500
E39 BMW M5

I'll disagree. The BMW's are ugly, the MB E series are nice, but they are not the most desirable.

I think the Aston Martin and Porsche are going to lead in the most interest, but I'll still take the Mercedes S65 personally.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 7-series BMW is due for a revamp. I would think that has to be a contender.

It may not be a $150,000+ exotic car... but for $85,000 or so... that could be a nice car.

I am partial to the S550 Mercedes at this point. But then again I dont know much about the exotic Italian car market, so i really cannot compare (to the S550).

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
The 7-series BMW is due for a revamp. I would think that has to be a contender.

It may not be a $150,000+ exotic car... but for $85,000 or so... that could be a nice car.

I am partial to the S550 Mercedes at this point. But then again I dont know much about the exotic Italian car market, so i really cannot compare (to the S550).

the New BMW 7 series is driving around right about now.

turboman808

Reaction score
My boss is getting a new 5 series next week to replace his 7 series. I really tried to push him towards the Jaguar XJ but he seems to only want Mercedes or BMWs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads