• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kostas,

I ended up buying from your other friend Tom over at Sons of Henrey. However, Septieme Largeur is still on my radar for loafers. Will reach out to them for sizing advice when the time comes.
Sorry I don’t frequent here much so I just saw this. Same size as SoH for most shoes should fit you in 7L

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have suede penny and tassel loafers from Morjas, and I like them. The toe box is wider than most brands, which I need. Quality is pretty good. They’ve held up well.

I haven’t tried the calf loafers yet.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These brown suede oxfords are calling me for some time now, though I am still uncertain if I should go with Morjas or spend an extra 100-150 eur to buy the Crockett Jones Connaught 2 Suede (they can be found at discount regularly) ..
I can tell Morjas is now offering them with rubber sole which is something I definitely need for a beater suede oxfords ..

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These brown suede oxfords are calling me for some time now, though I am still uncertain if I should go with Morjas or spend an extra 100-150 eur to buy the Crockett Jones Connaught 2 Suede (they can be found at discount regularly) ..
I can tell Morjas is now offering them with rubber sole which is something I definitely need for a beater suede oxfords ..

The quality between the two is night and day. Crockett & Jones all the way!!

Reaction score
can tell Morjas is now offering them with rubber sole which is something I definitely need for a beater suede oxfords ..

Worth mentioning as well is that the quality of Morjas rubber soles isn't that great. They wear out faster than Vibram and Dainite, and after some time, start to bend upwards around the edges. At least on my pair. Some cracks, although very fine, have started to show as well after 18-19 months or so. Not hopeless quality, but yeah, far from Dainite, Vibram et al.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, thanks guys, didn't expect to hear such a grim experiences ..
Looks like Crockett Jones spoiled me a lot lately .. I thought I found the similar quality for less, but I guess - You get what you paid for - is true after all ..

Reaction score
Dainite to the left, Morjas' knockoff on the right. Bought within the same month summer 2021 and I've worn them equally frequent since. A noticable difference for sure. And as you can see, I've had to replace the Morjas heel top (did this after 10 months or so, as it was 1mm away from the leather stack by then).

How fast a rubber sole wears out might not be an important factor if shoes are your main interest in life and you have 12 pairs in rotation. But I have three or four, depending on the season, and I don't make alot of money, so I need soles that last. Looking forward to have the Morjas pair resoled and rewelted. Will cost me, but I actually do love their derby last. Fits me perfect. Just wish they weren't so sloppily made.

IMG_20230311_152156.jpg

eguk

Reaction score
Realise this thread hasn't been active for a while but I keep seeing Morjas pop up on my feeds - and an increasing number of respectable aficionados seem to be promoting them..

Can anyone comment on the sizing versus Crockett & Jones loafers? I have a few pairs of C&J Bostons so wondering how to translate sizing.. The Morjas website says to take the same size as C&J but their size guide (in terms of cm) is wildly different to C&J's (like not even close).

On another note - anyone have any more recent views on quality? seems a lot of the early posts criticised the quality of calf they use. Curious if that's changed over the years..

Reaction score
I wear UK9,5 in most brands, but my pair of Morjas are UK10.

C&J's size guide has always puzzled me. According to that I'd be wearing UK10,5 in the 378 last, but when I tried on a pair of 378 derbies UK9,5 fit me just fine, as usual.

I'm also curious if Morjas have switched to better materials. Especially since their shoes now cost 50-70€ more than they did when I bought a pair in 2021. Sure, rough times and all, but during tge same period a (better) brand like Löf & Tung has only gone up 20€, so...

alkydrinker

Reaction score
^^Regarding quality, in Feb 2022 they claimed that they upgraded their leathers:
https://www.morjas.com/blog/collection-update-introducing-our-new-leather/

However, I bought a pair of burgundy penny loafers in mid-2023 and am pretty disappointed. The shoe leather looked reasonably good out of the box, but just like the bad examples we've seen further in the past, they quickly wrinkled up in a way that looks ugly and cheap (yes, I use shoe trees). I attached a couple pics.

I love the penny loafer last and design, probably the best fitting loafers i've owned (loafers are always tricky). It's a shame they won't make them in a decent quality calf. The online description for the loafers talks about all the time and hard work they put into iterating on this last before it was ready - and I actually believe all that, but it makes it even more of a shame they are constructing the shoe with the garbage leather.

My understanding is the owners/founders are menswear enthusiasts who state that they are doing the brand as something of a "passion project"... but I have a hard time believing that the wrinkled up cheap leather is something they'd be willing/proud to wear themselves.

Some online commentary I've read seems to say "stick with their suede models."

As someone mostly interested in their penny loafer, I am quite curious about a new "Ivy Loafer" on their Coming Soon page.
https://www.morjas.com/coming-soon/

The partial pic of this Ivy Loafer just shows what appears to be their standard penny loafer in smooth black calf (which wouldn't be new)...so I'm very curious about what will be different about this Ivy Loafer. Could it possibly use better leather?

Attachments

• IMG_8678.jpg
    IMG_8678.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8677.jpg
    IMG_8677.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

A12321

Reaction score
Realise this thread hasn't been active for a while but I keep seeing Morjas pop up on my feeds - and an increasing number of respectable aficionados seem to be promoting them..

Can anyone comment on the sizing versus Crockett & Jones loafers? I have a few pairs of C&J Bostons so wondering how to translate sizing.. The Morjas website says to take the same size as C&J but their size guide (in terms of cm) is wildly different to C&J's (like not even close).

On another note - anyone have any more recent views on quality? seems a lot of the early posts criticised the quality of calf they use. Curious if that's changed over the years..
Strangely enough I wear a 9.5UK in all brands, especially Carmina and they are usually a bit tight. But I just got Morjas tassel loafer and the 9.5 was too big. I fit better in the 9 UK.

eguk

Reaction score
^^Regarding quality, in Feb 2022 they claimed that they upgraded their leathers:
https://www.morjas.com/blog/collection-update-introducing-our-new-leather/

However, I bought a pair of burgundy penny loafers in mid-2023 and am pretty disappointed. The shoe leather looked reasonably good out of the box, but just like the bad examples we've seen further in the past, they quickly wrinkled up in a way that looks ugly and cheap (yes, I use shoe trees). I attached a couple pics.

I love the penny loafer last and design, probably the best fitting loafers i've owned (loafers are always tricky). It's a shame they won't make them in a decent quality calf. The online description for the loafers talks about all the time and hard work they put into iterating on this last before it was ready - and I actually believe all that, but it makes it even more of a shame they are constructing the shoe with the garbage leather.

My understanding is the owners/founders are menswear enthusiasts who state that they are doing the brand as something of a "passion project"... but I have a hard time believing that the wrinkled up cheap leather is something they'd be willing/proud to wear themselves.

Some online commentary I've read seems to say "stick with their suede models."

As someone mostly interested in their penny loafer, I am quite curious about a new "Ivy Loafer" on their Coming Soon page.
https://www.morjas.com/coming-soon/

The partial pic of this Ivy Loafer just shows what appears to be their standard penny loafer in smooth black calf (which wouldn't be new)...so I'm very curious about what will be different about this Ivy Loafer. Could it possibly use better leather?
That's a shame re. the leather. I agree, you'd expect them to hold up better than that.

I'm thinking of giving the grain leather loafers a try (wondering if the pebblegrain will help hide imperfections/creases, as well as generally being a bit more casual).

I recently ordered the plain suede derbies but ended up returning them (more for style reasons). The fit was great though - I like how they seem to be a bit wider in the toe box. I usually have to have my C&Js stretched before wearing because my feet are on the wide side. I will say that the suede is clearly not the same quality as C&J and I dare say it won't last as long, but it's probably fair given the relative price difference. You get what you pay for at the end of the day I guess.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Regarding this, I think Morjas has gone really hard on getting respected menswear personalities to appear with their product. While obviously the outright advertisements are paid for, I bet even the low key recommendations or the "I have these Morjas shoes that I love" were paid for as well.

Some I think of:
- Throwing Fits did an ad with Morjas and flogged the brand for a bit (though I never see them wear or talk about Morjas now that the promotion likely ended)
- Luca Rubinacci did an ad
- Harry Has (younger UK street style YouTube influencer) shows black Morjas loafers he owns (i.e., was gifted I'm sure)
- The Morjas founder did a podcast on Blamo
- Just saw a glossy YouTube video covering the last Pitty Uomo and one of the industry guys who was interviewed was listing what he was wearing and he very distinctly pointed out his Morjas suede tassel loafers...the interviewer repeated back "Oh Morjas, nice" or something like that.

I mean it's smart and kinda obvious targeted marketing for the consumer base they're trying to tap in to. The only rub for me is that the Morjas product that I experienced does NOT live up to the quality standard that all these individuals above stand for.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olismanak123