• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More bad service from Carlo Franco

studio253

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuck
I can only speak from my own experience and give advice predicated on such. Further, to take away the logical lattitude that you seem to have granted yourself, I never said "everyone else should let it slide." What I said was - "Do what you like, but I think a little lattitude is warranted here." Quite a bit different from the logical smear that you stretched it to. I mean - are you so important that you believe you can twist peoples words into whatever you want to serve your own means? The nerve.....

You think that AAA waiting 6 months without a response warrants more lattitude???? How can you possibly justify that? What line of work are you in?

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by studio253
You think that AAA waiting 6 months without a response warrants more lattitude???? How can you possibly justify that? What line of work are you in?

I am an internet enforcer - the gov't hires me to go and beat the snot out of whiny irrational internet posters.......

But while Im doing that - I also like to wear fine clothes, including some of CF ties. That said, Im not here to "justify" six months of waiting. What I can tell you is that length of time is completely at odds with my repeated contact with Chuck and Jill. So there are many possibilities that exist here - perhaps the emails got lost. Perhaps C&J are having computer problems. Perhaps AAA is embellishing his story. On and on. That said, one of the least likely of these possibilities to me is that for some reason C&J just decided, for absolutely no reason, to completely ignore a business that they worked hard to build. Just for no reason they decided to stop giving the excellent customer service that I have repeatedly received myself. Sorry, that option just does not make sense to me. Again, I know it is a business and so on, but in my experience these are two good people who have made good on every business exchange I have ever had with them, ergo my request for latitude. But as I said earlier, do whatever it is you want to do.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add some additional perspective, my wife ordered a tie for me for Christmas and got it within a week. No hassles or problem and was able to apply the discount code through the website also. So there you go.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I hope everything is ok for them in their personal lives, there is nothing that can justify what's been going on here. People tend to be pretty understanding when you're up front with them and keep them in the loop on problems. When you make promises you don't come close to keeping, ignore attempts at returns/exchanges/refunds, THAT gets you dropped off the face of the earth to many folks here. The goodwill that they have spent years building up here and at AAAC only goes so far.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
What I don't understand is both Chuck and Jill have posted recently on AAAC, and Jill has replied to someone here, but they have not explained satisfactorally what the problem is, and when they're exactly planning to have everything fixed.[. . .]In any case, I sure hope Chuck and Jill put things in order soon to avoid further disharmony in the universe.

I do recall Jill saying that they'd been away for some time, and since then Chuck has been readying their two houses for sale and things had gotten backed up at the store. I'm not making a comment on whether this is a satisfactory reason or not; I'm just bringing it up.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I do apologize for the slow responses lately and we're getting caught up with everything. We had a lot going on with getting married, buying a house and selling two others. That is not an excuse, it is just why we've been offline and some things were not handled well in the office in our absence.

If anyone has not received something please send me a note and cc my shipping manager: Chuck(AT)carlofranco.com and Audrey(at)carlofranco.com and we will get everything taken care of immediately.

The second group of forum ties is arriving Wednesday so anyone we owe one too will be taken care of immediately, just let us know.

Again my apologies - we had to take care of some things and it is my fault that things slipped while I was dealing with them but I will ensure that everyone is taken care of fully and completely.

Chuck

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to be clear - not asking for latitude or making any excuses. I dropped the ball getting things handled while we were away - That I can't change but I can fix it and have been working to get everything caught up the past week while getting ready to move the business and household to new quarters. Got behind, catching up on all of it quickly. Some criticism is quite justified and to it I can only say mea culpa. It is getting fixed, as it should.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Not fair, Alan. We shamelessly twist other people's words to serve our clients' needs, not our own.

Yup, I really have no dog in this race of my own. I could sit here and argue the logical implications of NYBucks phrase, but I really don't have time for that. In any case, I don't think people should be given a pass just because they are a member of the forum.

Anyway, glad to see Chuck on here trying to set things right.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuck
I am an internet enforcer - the gov't hires me to go and beat the snot out of whiny irrational internet posters.......

crackup[1].gif

another internet tough guy

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck,

Good response. Just sent you an e-mail re: my service SNAFUs. Please correct and I will be the first to let everyone know of the correction.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to go, Chuck--a dignified and completely appropriate response. My suggestion to everyone now is to lay off and let Chuck fill his orders. Chuck has provided this and the AAAC forums with a lot of very useful information about ties and their construction over the years and, in addition, has provided many of us with our nicest ties. We all have life events distract us from time to time. It appears that Chuck has worked his way through some of these and will make things right for those still waiting for ties. Let's give him a chance to do this now.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Way to go, Chuck--a dignified and completely appropriate response. My suggestion to everyone now is to lay off and let Chuck fill his orders. Chuck has provided this and the AAAC forums with a lot of very useful information about ties and their construction over the years and, in addition, has provided many of us with our nicest ties. We all have life events distract us from time to time. It appears that Chuck has worked his way through some of these and will make things right for those still waiting for ties. Let's give him a chance to do this now.

+1.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger

+2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads