• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monitaly Striped Seersucker Blazer

Monitaly Striped Seersucker Blazer

wakawaka

Reaction score
wakawaka submitted a new classified:

Monitaly Striped Seersucker Blazer - NEW, size 40, awesome :-)

Ravishing summer blazer from Monitaly. Cotton (with 3% Lycra) seersucker fabric garnished with stripes throughout. They are red, white, and... no, not grey, but rather blue, which you can see up-close. Size 40, but runs surprisingly small, and even though I wear Mediums across the board, it's very slim on me (I tried it on for a very brief moment). The blazer is absolutely 100% new, unworn, and in perfect condition, and while the tags are missing, all the spare buttons are included. Here are...

Read more about this classified...

wakawaka

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the interest!
I just double-checked it, and compared it with a Ring Jacket model 184 suit jacket in size 36 that I've had for less than a week now. I perused the RJ thread here on SF some time ago and noticed your name, so hopefully comparing both items makes sense.

The Monitaly blazer has slightly longer sleeves, that's for sure. But the body width in both is very similar. Meaning, they are almost equally too tight for me. RJ jacket is maybe just a tiny bit tighter, but it might be due to Monitaly blazer having been made of this supple seersucker fabric, that has more stretch to it than Super 120s wool. I took a few photos: I think it's also possible the wrinkles are more prominent on the the RJ jacket partly due to it being uniform in colour. My pops (no clothing expert by any means), who witnessed my posing to the camera, said that if Monitaly is 40, RJ jacket should be labeled 39. So yes, I suppose this blazer could virtually pass for 36...

I should perhaps add I'm 5'7", have rather long arms for my height, and weigh a bit over 155 lbs (maybe closer to 160 these days :embar:). Chest is around 38.5 in. On a side note, I was so stupid to have thought I could have squeezed myself into size 36, so I will have to sell the RJ jacket too.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jogo1984