• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
I personally prefer a little extra room. My rule of thumb, and I have done jeans for a long time (the first collab that I did, I believe was back in 2007), is that the jeans should button up, snugly, but not uncomfortably, from day 1. If you want a looser fit, they will button up comfortably from day 1.

sillyboybmxer

Reaction score
Reading through all the measurement I am pretty sure I got THE smallest 30 in the batch. Because even now after the wear, its still not what the measurements say of 31.5

I would say the 0200sp thigh area stretched enough for some people ,...although i still cant lift my leg high enough to skip two stairs walking up or to flush a toilet with my foot for example.

Last edited:

massacre19

Reaction score
I like the current fit of the legs with the jeans untretched yet. So by the time it is stretched will it be too baggy? Roughly how much does it stretch and anyway I can minimise the stretching?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed.  Stop sizing down, people.  Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them.  The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32.  A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight.  I would guess that you are a size 32.  (which, incidentally, is my size).  Here is a good rule of thumb.  If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.  

DEAR LORD THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING TRUTH FOK.

All this "size down" crap has to run its course soon.

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing down or up isn't that bad actually... But you should know your own dimensions to make it work. All these guys sizing down with unflattering fits in the end, mostly think they are smaller than tape measurer indicates. Just get your numbers right... Taking the right size ain't rocket science.

Last edited:

Rightyow77

Reaction score
Debating between 0202 or the ER007-2B. Is there a 201 cut in the ER007 fabric by chance?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

massacre19

Reaction score
There is a promotion in my local shop, Plan to make use of it.
would it be ok to just buy a pair of jeans and just keep it for 3-4 months before wearing it? Will anything happen to the jeans?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. They sit on shelves longer than that.

Rightyow77

Reaction score
This can't be a serious question? They are a cotton article of clothing, unless you have worn them soaked them in your sweat and left them an extremely humid/unventilated place they will remain as you have left them. Jeans are not this magical, revolutionary thing. They have been around for a long time after all, part of what makes them a "heritage" "classic" article of clothing. Miners and cowboys would live in these things. Meditate on that for a bit, now ask yourself, how the F is storing them, at what I can only imagine is near or below room temp, going to change them at the molecular level? Furthermore, these are not some perishable item like say, a tomato they go on your body. They are meant to be worn WTF!

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is a promotion in my local shop, Plan to make use of it.
would it be ok to just buy a pair of jeans and just keep it for 3-4 months before wearing it? Will anything happen to the jeans?

I have a closet which turns unworn jeans into beautiful faded pairs. True story.

Zekdafied

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I don't post much, but wanted to show some fit pics for others to utilize. This is my third pair of "high end" denim. I've had Iron Heart 634s and Sugarcane Okinawa. I've gained some weight so I decided it was time to get a new pair and try a cut I haven't had before.

I am 5'10'' , 182 pounds.

I went with Momotaro 0901 Vintage Label - Regular Straight. I like that they are 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton, with slight hairy slubiness. Here are pictures post soak.

I soaked them once in cold water while wearing them in the tub for 30 minutes. They were still not as snug as I'd like to break them in, so I did a hot soak:

One hour hot water soak. Drained water. Another one hour hot water soak.

They tightened up a bit. I don't think as much as people fear they will though. The waist fits great. I'm not sure I'm in love with the cut/style quite yet, but getting them hemmed to proper inseam, I'm expecting will make a big difference. Obviously they are a bit stiff still.

Anyways, here are the post soak fit pictures. Tag size 33. Let me know your opinions. I'm torn between these and maybe getting a pair of 0201's for a smaller more fitted leg opening.

Thanks,
Z

(Sorry for the phone quality pics)

Here are pre soak pics. I know the background color makes it hard to see but might as well post them...

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good fit for that true-repro cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads