• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Ponyboy312

Reaction score

malfon

Reaction score
I buy my first pair of momo (701) one month ago and honestly this is by far the most amazing pair of jeans i own .

The denim texture is crazy and it gets hairy as **** after couple of wears.

I own naked and famous and you cant compare the two. Its the Day and night. The construction the dΓ©tails and everything is just perfect.

I dont want to wear my naked and famous nomore. It felt like **** and gimmicks after you have wear a momo.

Go truth to size you be Ok. And i can garanty that they strech. Not alot but they do.

And i love the Pink inseam , so unique.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahaha, I didn't know I got sig-quoted by you
fistbump.gif

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spaceman Spliff

Reaction score
hi all,
picked up a pair of 0705sp in tokyo over the summer and spent the past couple weeks at work reading through this entire mammoth of a thread lol.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Except bom005 is sanforized

True, but this mostly effects the texture/character of the denim. Not the fabric color itself, so much.

Shogyo Mujo

Reaction score
I'm wearing sz29 Weird Guy, so I must take sz30 if I go with the MOTY01 I guess ?

seems like a pretty safe bet but i'd check out the measurements posted first. most unsanforized shrink about an inch.

the details and stitching on the bom005 make it seem so much darker than the moty01. the fit is pretty similar to weird guys, just a bit more slim since the taper starts at the upper thigh. plus the staff at blueowl are really really helpful with sizing and usually ship within minutes of placing an order.

bazh

Reaction score
seems like a pretty safe bet but i'd check out the measurements posted first. most unsanforized shrink about an inch.

the details and stitching on the bom005 make it seem so much darker than the moty01. the fit is pretty similar to weird guys, just a bit more slim since the taper starts at the upper thigh. plus the staff at blueowl are really really helpful with sizing and usually ship within minutes of placing an order.
I like the pair moty01 more but have no exp in buying an unsanforized denim, how about the thigh shrinkage, the moty01 have 12" thigh and my WG pair is 11.5" :( and one more thing, does it need a pre-soak to have the expected fit before wearing ?

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thigh shrinkage will probably be around 0.25 to 0.5 inch.

gnu

Reaction score
Any places in Los Angeles stock momotaros?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any places in Los Angeles stock momotaros?

Not that I am aware of.

Call Jay at Blue Owl, if you buy a pair and they don't work, he'll happily exchange for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads