• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Model Material? *PICS*

twinpac69

Reaction score
it's difficult for some to self-analyze what you see everyday. I've attached the only pics I have on the computer of myself, the one thing I'm uncomfortable with and could really use some help on is my hair and not too comfortable with my smile either, but I'm working on accepting that. If you think of an actor that has nice hair I could aim for that would of course fit my face are also welcome!

I never really considered it as it's only been a couple family members who've said this, but the other night I was approached by a cute woman who models herself, who thought I might have the look. And a few friends thought I might be capable. Strangers who have never seen me, like those on here, have good judgement for this sorta thing and I'd like to see what kind of modeling I might be able to do and whether you think it's worth my time or not. I'm in good shape and have a little more muscle than I do in any of these pics, I now bench 275lbs. I am 6'1" 180lbs. If anyone wants tips on a good supplement that got me where I'm at I can help you with that in return!

Take care everyone.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you just posted some very weird pics and are going to be heavily made fun of now.

twinpac69

Reaction score
alright alright, that's a little true, but not my question. I never looked at that pic that way. Any advice is being listened to, I fixed the pic good lookin out.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you look in GQ, especially with the more commercial brands, you definately have the right look. I'd just try doing something a little less tragic with your hair, and have some poloroids ready. I suppose you'd have to be in NYC or LA.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
yeah I don't see anything wrong with your pics, except for that I can infer you suck a *mean* dick but then hey I'm drunk what do I know. Probably a bunch of people on here will hate on you (h8 on u) for looking like a guido but that's probably a popular look for male models. At worst you could probably get a job being that guy who stands outside of A&F stores with his shirt off.

edit: yeah the hair is a little tragic... I think you should grow it out and then change the proportions, where they are now just looks kinda wierd.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you could be a model.

In pic 1, there seems to be a female person cluttering up the shot. Please remove!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Yeah, you could be a model.

If I had a nickel for every time I used that line...
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Child models don't count.

Ouch, tough crowd!
laugh.gif

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
The hair in #5 doesn't look too bad. Real short.

I assume you're talking about being an ad model as opposed to runway. Runway models are just ex-POWs that haven't begun refeeding yet.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Oh my gad, you look like you just wandered out of Auschwitz! Have some chicken!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads