• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Yet another ebay purchase:
greens.jpg

reed.jpg

ar.jpg

ar2.jpg

£14/$18 including postage

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good video here about gangs in Glasgow late 1960's, late Mod to early skinhead fashions on show. I used to knock about on Mod rally's with a group of Glasgow lads who would definitely had been in the Shamrocks, back in the day. I was a token English man due to my heritage, we all had a Irish connection. I had an absolute blast with them, no violence really, they wouldn't want to ruin their clothes, and they were also respected on the scene.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Personally, l find spit works better than water for some reason .
My father who had been in the services showed me how to do it , sometimes he used water and sometimes spit , personal choice but it is time consuming either way. .

I agree on spit > water. i use both, I like to finish it with water, just so i know i'm not walking around with residual spit on my shoes

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yes, same logo. Strange seeing an american firm on the back, perhaps they had production facilities over here because i have never seen donkeys worn by american workers.
my dad was a chemist for PPG in the 70s. wonder if he ever got issued a donkey jacket :p

Natty Pinstripe

Reaction score
Spotted a Donkey Jacket here in NYC the other day, on a bloke with no discernable connection to The Look, he was in his late 20's or early 30's and also wearing New Balance trainers/sneakers.

Inkss

Reaction score
Picked up another houndstooth/dogtooth jacket from ebay for £13/$17. Single vent, made by Farah and the same size bites as a pair of houndstooth strides I've already got. So that's a suit sorted for £23/$30
htf.jpg

Also grabbed this navy Hechter wool jacket for £10/$13
dh1.jpg

Can't really tell the condition from the listing photo, but I thought I'd risk it for a caruso.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Spotted a Donkey Jacket here in NYC the other day, on a bloke with no discernable connection to The Look, he was in his late 20's or early 30's and also wearing New Balance trainers/sneakers.

I always feel if you wear obviously old gear like donkeys you should wear suitably retro items with it, i wonder if he even knew its history.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
An ebay purchase I definitely won't be making:
Had to double-check the seller wasn't R.Mutt.

That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a ******* moron would pay that much for one.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a ******* moron would pay that much for one.
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
IMG_7906.jpg

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads