• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hands up all those who think Lee trucker jackets have a better fit than Levi's ones.

I've arrived at this conclusion after meticulous study and research. Now I'm curious about Lee leather truckers.

My Levi leather jacket fits me like a glove. Pity it doesn't fit me like a jacket! :-D

Seriously it fits very well.

There are, of course, many subtly different cuts of Levi Trucker, as well as many different fabrics. None of the Levis I have are bad fits. I have to admit, though, that I have round shoulders and a slightly curved spine, so maybe they don't fit you paragons of health and beauty the way they fit me.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
i agree with MoM on the Levi's leather trucker fit, very good. I didn't pull the trigger, but tried several on. I didn't try a Lee leather trucker (because i didn't see any in the shops - and i don't think they made any for a long time ?) but tried a suede one a few years ago, the fit was more boxy.

On the Lee subject, i was very surprised to see in the Paris Lee flagship store a Japanese Lee Archive (that i never saw before in an official Lee Europe store). It is a splendid item (and as you know my jeans of choice, i have two 1952 Riders 101z repro).
It's a 1954 Lee Riders 101 B (B for buttons, while Z is for zip). Very nice detailing. On this picture i took, you will notice the smaller leather patch typical of 'in the time' Lee Riders, and the vintage tag (that comes only with the Lee Archives japan). The denim is of a splendid color and quality and around 14 oz, and the rise is a tad higher and legs are much wider than the contemporary Lees. Woven and made in Japan.
Of course it comes with a price, equivalent to the retail price of a LVC.

Lee Riders 1954.jpg

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do prefer the 'in time' Lee logo patch to the current one. I think people who wear Lee are making very subtle statement, it's just a little bit more designed.

But it's Levis, Lee, and nothing else!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Hands up all those who think Lee trucker jackets have a better fit than Levi's ones.

I've arrived at this conclusion after meticulous study and research. Now I'm curious about Lee leather truckers.
Yes, shorter cut, better fit, every levi i had was a bit too slim even when i sized up.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Yes, shorter cut, better fit, every levi i had was a bit too slim even when i sized up.

Funny you would say that. What I like about my Lee trucker is that it's actually long enough for me.

I realise it depends on many factors though, so I'm probably comparing apples and oranges. My Lee jacket is a fairly recent made in Turkey 'Slim Rider' (or at least I think it is... I threw the labels away) that came in dry denim. Not to slim on me, although I haven't soaked it.

My Levi's jacket was made some time between 1971 and 1984. It's too tight to button comfortably and a bit on the short side. Of course, it may have shrunk in the wash over time.

I also like the shape and look of the Lee much better. Of all jackets I own, this may well be my number 1 favourite. My favourite double denim combo is the Lee Slim Rider jacket with LVC 1966 501s.

Edit: I'm 99.9% sure it's this jacket. Described as 'slim fit', but not sure that makes it a 'Slim Rider'
https://www.le-fix.com/lee-rider-jacket-slim-blue-denim

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
slim.JPG
Funny you would say that. What I like about my Lee trucker is that it's actually long enough for me.

I realise it depends on many factors though, so I'm probably comparing apples and oranges. My Lee jacket is a fairly recent made in Turkey 'Slim Rider' (or at least I think it is... I threw the labels away) that came in dry denim. Not to slim on me, although I haven't soaked it.

My Levi's jacket was made some time between 1971 and 1984. It's too tight to button comfortably and a bit on the short side. Of course, it may have shrunk in the wash over time.

I also like the shape and look of the Lee much better. Of all jackets I own, this may well be my number 1 favourite. My favourite double denim combo is the Lee Slim Rider jacket with LVC 1966 501s.

Edit: I'm 99.9% sure it's this jacket. Described as 'slim fit', but not sure that makes it a 'Slim Rider'
https://www.le-fix.com/lee-rider-jacket-slim-blue-denim

Unless you bought another one, you have exactly the same Lee trucker than mine. IIRC, you PMed me before you bought it the eBay link, to check it was the same than mine because i was very happy with it. I confirm the slim Lee denim Truckers are quite long. So perfect when you are tall and of a slender built.
It is the traditional 'Rider jacket' in the 'slim' version indeed. on the contrary of you i kept the label. :)

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
To me the 'slim' version of the Rider jacket is a perfect fit, it is not really a 'slimfit', just less boxy and a tad longer than the traditional Rider jacket. Would say it's the best Trucker available for tall guys.
A 'slim' version of a Lee leather (or suede) trucker would be very nice.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
To me the 'slim' version of the Rider jacket is a perfect fit, it is not really a 'slimfit', just less boxy and a tad longer than the traditional Rider jacket. Would say it's the best Trucker available for tall guys.
A 'slim' version of a Lee leather (or suede) trucker would be very nice.

Yes, I remember now - and yes, still the same jacket I'm talking about, cheers.

As I said, probably my favourite of all the jackets I own (including Harringtons, monkey jackets, flight jackets, and whatnot). And yeah, it isn't that slim fitting - regular Levi's truckers seem to be tighter.

A leather version of the Slim Rider would be very nice (although I'm not sure about combining black leather with very short hair - maybe too much of a fascio vibe for my liking)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads